XM installation troubles

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM installation troubles

I own a 2005 F150 with the factory single CD stereo. The stereo has an AUX button on it so I purchased and XMDFDK kit for it. I installed the kit yesterday as the instructions said to and hit the AUX button and the radio displayed "No auxilary radio available". It was my understanding from the instructions that the XM radio ID was supposed to come up so I could activate it. I went ahaed and got the ID off the unit itself and activated it but am still getting the same message. Anbody have any suggestions? I am certain I have everything plugged in correctly so I know that isn't the problem. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:57 PM
As per Logjam Electronics, this Terk XMDFDK is incompatible with our radios; if you notice on that link, it says that the 2005 Ford 500 is not supported. We use the same radios as that car does. Sorry about the bad news; try taking it back for a refund.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Would it be safe to say that if I were to buy a 2006 OEM radio, say off Ebay, that I would be able to use the kit? Thanks for your original reply.

Quick Reply: XM installation troubles