'04 F150 SIRIUS Tuner Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's no problem with the touchless car washes but if you ever wash manually you'll want to lift that antenna up and wash under it otherwise...
Originally Posted by thenewbreed
...when I took my antenna off there was a little outline of rust...

Old 12-26-2006, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=ieee_raider]I haven't seen anyone install like this, so I thought I'd post what I did in case anyone else wants to do the same.

I installed my SIRIUS satellite tuner where the 12V plug was. I don't really use the plug, plus there's an extra on the back of my center console in case I really need one.

Here are some pics:
Tuner:

Bracket:

QUOTE]

I would like to install my Spotster unit (mount looks the same) in the same way you did. Could you give me more details on the installation using the aux power on the dash location? How does the aux power (w/door) come out of the dash? I have access to it from behind, looking at it with the flashlight, but I can not see how it comes apart or how it comes out of there. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Well, I think I actually broke a snap when getting it out. Just to see, I tried putting it back in and it was loose. It could be secured with glue from the back-side, though.

Anyway, I just pushed and twisted till it popped out, but like I say, I think I snapped something when it did pop out.

Good luck!

Old 12-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by ieee_raider
Well, I think I actually broke a snap when getting it out. Just to see, I tried putting it back in and it was loose. It could be secured with glue from the back-side, though.

Anyway, I just pushed and twisted till it popped out, but like I say, I think I snapped something when it did pop out.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply, I was trying to avoid any breakage of sort, but if I have to glue it back in place if I ever decide to put it back....I guess that would work also. How did you attach the base once you got the outlet removed? Thanks

Old 12-26-2006, 05:02 PM
My Clarion tuner came with a mounting bracket that had a square base just a little larger than the round hole. I trimmed off the corners with my dremmel and it slid right in. I then screwed in the screws that would normally go in.

You could probably modify something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/FLEXIBLE-GOOSENE...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 12-26-2006, 08:02 PM
My Clarion tuner came with a mounting bracket that had a square base just a little larger than the round hole. I trimmed off the corners with my dremmel and it slid right in. I then screwed in the screws that would normally go in.

You could probably modify something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/FLEXIBLE-GOOSENE...QQcmdZViewItem

I think my mount is the same one. I was also looking at trimming the corners so it would fit. Did you have to drill holes for the screws? I looked at the gooseneck mount, but I think the way you have yours looks cleaner. The only thing I'd change would be the cable routing, if possible, I would like to run the antenna, line out, and power lines below the mount and maybe through a hole (drilled) in the mount.

Last edited by MosineeFX4; 12-26-2006 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by MosineeFX4
I think my mount is the same one. I was also looking at trimming the corners so it would fit. Did you have to drill holes for the screws? I looked at the gooseneck mount, but I think the way you have yours looks cleaner. The only thing I'd change would be the cable routing, if possible, I would like to run the antenna, line out, and power lines below the mount and maybe through a hole (drilled) in the mount.
I had actually thought about going back and doing that but never found it worth my time since you can't see the wires really.

I didn't have to drill holes. They were already in the bracket, and I just screwed straight through into the plastic in the dash.

Old 12-26-2006, 10:51 PM
I had actually thought about going back and doing that but never found it worth my time since you can't see the wires really.

I didn't have to drill holes. They were already in the bracket, and I just screwed straight through into the plastic in the dash.

Thanks, that is what I thought.

Quick Reply: '04 F150 SIRIUS Tuner Install