Pioneer XM ready, what do i need

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer XM ready, what do i need

I have a Pioneer DEH-P6600, a little old, but still good. It is XM ready, so what do I have to do to get hooked up? Do I need any adapters or crap like that or what? Just curious and websites elsewhere have left me a little

Old 03-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You were asking about the DEH-P6600 ... I formerly had a DEH P7400 and I believe the setup is the same...

The IP bus cable is a special cable to run from the brain to the head unit. It's a digital cable. The brain box is a flat metal box with the 'guts' of the XM. You'll also need to mount an XM antenna.

All in all, total install time for everything that I've mentioned would probably be about an hour going slow. You'll simply grab a power source for the XM Brain, run the IP bus cable from the brain to the head unit, and plug in the antenna from where ever you decide to mount it (roof, under the wiper cowl, etc). From there, your HU will detect it and will display the radio code. You'll use that code to call into XM Customer Care and activate. Within about 10 minutes, you'll have XM pumping through your speakers.

I still have alot of that stuff...

-RP-

Last edited by Rockpick; 03-11-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:46 PM
So basically there is somewhat of a installation kit they'll give you. I just was thinking it was going to be like a gtech pro box or something. I was just kinda curious about this XM because around here, you can only listen to nickelback for so long before you puke. Every station plays the same song by them, and trust me there are more. Thanks for the tips.

Old 03-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, I'm not exactly sure how they work it with the 'kits'. I went from a FM Modulated Pioneer setup to the DEHP7400. When I made that move, I dropped the modulator and display unit that came with that kit and used the brain box to run my XM via the head unit. Of course, like I mentioned, I had to buy that IP Bus cable too.

I still have all of that stuff...

RP

Old 03-12-2006, 08:17 PM
I got my stuff from crutchfield as I had the same question in my mustang. I gave them the model number and they set me up with everything I needed. Plus they give you free tech support if you buy from them. I highly recommend them.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Blue,
I just finished installing XM on my satellite ready Pioneer DEH-P6700 and it works great. I recommend that you go to http://www.myradiostore.com to get your stuff. They are very helpful. You'll need two things to get hooked up, an XM radio tuner and the Pioneer adapter.

Here are the part numbers I used:
XM radio tuner: XMD1000 http://www.myradiostore.us/xm-radio-...s/xmd1000.html
Pioneed adapter: XMDPIO100http://www.myradiostore.us/xm-radio-...pioxmd100.html

They come with all the cables you need and plugs into a port on the back of your head unit. It's not an FM modulator. All you do is find a place to mount the boxes and your antenna and wire it up. It allows you to control the XM radio through the head unit and uses the same display.

There's even a $30 mail in rebate on the XM tuner going on right now.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Pioneer XM ready, what do i need