New Sirius antenna...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Sirius antenna...

Just thought I'd let anyone who might be interested know...

I've got an old (about 3 years) Kenwood Sirius receiver plugged directly into my Kenwood MASK head unit. I love the setup, and wouldn't have it any other way... great sound, etc...

Well, since my reciever is so old it used the old/big 2 wire style antenna. Well, when I moved the system from mt truck to the Stang I scraped the insulation on one of the antenna wires, and "think" I knicked the wire, but can't really tell... but reception in the Stang has never been very good. I have the antenna mount outside the trunklid seal, but still under the lid.

Well, I recently bought the new Terk Sirius "mini" 1 wire antenna, and the adapter to use it with my old receiver, and mounted it in the same place on the other side of the car, and so far it's been great. No loss of reception!

I can't say for sure right now if this is because it's a superior antenna or because my old one was damaged, but it's less than a quarter of the size of my old antenna, and I could probably mount outside somewhere, and not be bother by it....

BTW, I got the antenna and adapter new off ebay for less than the local shop wanted for just the antenna. Plus they didn't even have or know about the adapter...

Old 07-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
closer I have a couple questions for ya.

I have been seriously thinking about getting THIS since it's a sum bish to get a good rock station in East Texas. I have basically 2 choices, hip hop or redneck (country).

I dont care for either.

1. Did you install it yourself?

~and~

2. Is it difficult to hook up?

thnx.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Very easy to install

Just want to be sure you noticed it but the item in the link does not appear to include a mount kit.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Jeff. I wont get getting it anytime soon. Money is a lil tight right now, but when I do get a satelite system, it will be that one.

Thanks again.

Old 07-15-2005, 03:54 PM
I got that same antenna. I got it laying on frame rail underneath my bed cover.
So you can't see it. I get good reception.

Quick Reply: New Sirius antenna...