Question about sponsors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Question about sponsors?

While I was a member of another forum when I had the focus, they turned me onto an OEM parts supplier who sells over the net just like tasca. From what I found they are cheaper than tasca across the board. Is it ok to mention them in general discussions with the other site not being a sponsor and tasca is.

Rockpick, I can PM you who they are if you want to investigate them and possibly see if they want to be a sponsor.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be willing to bet it was my former employer and they are in fact not cheaper if you look at some of my other posts here.

If it's who I think it is I created and grew that business for them over the course of nine years, the day I left they changed their discount from 10% over to 5% over cost.

What's that say about their level of confidence in maintaining their customer service?

We've left our website at 10% over on Ford but offer a 5% discount coupon (code f150forum for this site) which actually takes you below their prices on virtually everything and we have the advantage of also carrying Dodge, Jeep, Mazda, Nissan and Volvo also at massive discounts (not all makes are 10% over cost due to variations in manufacturer programs).

We're also here in person to help and answer questions.

Post up the name and we'll see if I'm right.

-Steve

Old 12-20-2013, 01:37 PM

The site I'm referring to is in Minnesota.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Yup, that's the place and that was me that built that business for them.

-Steve

Old 12-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Yup, that's the place and that was me that built that business for them and we will beat their prices across the board.

Might not beat them by a lot on everything but when we're working on margins this slim it's really not possible to get much cheaper a fact that applies to them as well as us.

-Steve

Old 12-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tasca Ford Parts
..We've left our website at 10% over on Ford but offer a 5% discount coupon (code f150forum for this site) which actually takes you below their prices on virtually everything and we have the advantage of also carrying Dodge, Jeep, Mazda, Nissan and Volvo also at massive discounts (not all makes are 10% over cost due to variations in manufacturer programs)...
CRAP, now I find out about that. Oh well, I'll remember it for next time.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:06 PM

Hey Steve at tasca I just ordered some items a few days ago from you before I knew about the 5% discount for forum members. If I PM you the order # can you apply the discount to it? The haven't billed my account yet.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor
Hey Steve at tasca I just ordered some items a few days ago from you before I knew about the 5% discount for forum members. If I PM you the order # can you apply the discount to it? The haven't billed my account yet.
Yes sir, send me the order number and I'll get you squared away.

-Steve

Old 12-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Wookie
CRAP, now I find out about that. Oh well, I'll remember it for next time.
I'm trying to get the word out, takes a little time and your post prompted me to edit my signature so it includes the coupon code.

It took me quite a while to build the business I did at the last place, hopefully it won't take as long here.

-Steve

Old 12-20-2013, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tasca Ford Parts
Yes sir, send me the order number and I'll get you squared away.

-Steve

PM sent. Thanks

Old 12-20-2013, 03:02 PM

I was about to say I've never seen that coupon code! I've ordered a few things from you guys

Old 12-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor
PM sent. Thanks
PM sent back

Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I was about to say I've never seen that coupon code! I've ordered a few things from you guys
The coupon code has only come about since I've been with Tasca and we came on as sponsors.

The way they run this site makes it a little difficult to spread this kind of information since there's no "Vendors specials" type section and they don't allow signature banners for vendors.

So far it's just me keeping an eye on multiple forums so it's also a little tough getting in and posting in various sections and I don't want to be obnoxious and just pop in and say "Hey, coupon code over here" so it's going to take some time for everyone to figure it out and spread the word.

Word of mouth is the best advertising there is so please feel free to share our information and the coupon code with anyone that can use it.

We are here to help!

-Steve

Old 12-20-2013, 03:24 PM

I'm guessing the discount is for members only, I can spread the word on the focus site I'm on but can I tell them about the discount too?

Old 12-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor
I'm guessing the discount is for members only, I can spread the word on the focus site I'm on but can I tell them about the discount too?
To be perfectly honest I don't have any problem with you sharing the info with the entire planet, the more the merrier.

For the Focus guys have them use the code "Focaljet" though, helps us track where people are from.

-Steve

Last edited by Tasca Ford Parts; 12-20-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:52 PM

Hey Steve thanks, I'll pass it along. Just so you know the forum is Focus Fanatics. And they are partnered with Blue Oval Fanatics they cover everything Ford. I'll spread it on both.

Quick Reply: Question about sponsors?