f150 vs AOL I think I got it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 09:41 AM
Really Old "Member"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f150 vs AOL I think I got it!!!

I spoke at some length with the President of HobbyTown USA, the guy who does serious Beta testing for AOL, last night.

Very interesting. He told me that he had been involved in a conference call with other Beta testers and AOL technical staff abouit exactly this problem last Friday. It seems that a large number of websites are blocked from sending emails to AOL account holders not just f150online.

Even though he is a die hard Chevvy driver, he attempted to register on this site through his AOL account and cannot receive his confirming email and thus cannot register here.

I got an email from him this morning and he said he was going to take up our case as a specific example of this problem which should help as we will not be lumped into the "problem group".
I will let you know when he contacts me again.
Bill

Old 02-04-2004, 09:46 AM
F150online
Founder
Bill, that's what I suspected all along. On a related note, we are not even the only Ford truck site experiencing this problem. Someone pointed me to a thread over at ftwtrucks.com that explained why AOL users may not be receiving their email...

Old 02-17-2004, 08:45 PM
AOL started blocking several domains from their incoming email servers. I work for SBC DSL Internet services, and customers who have migrated to our yahoo! services or who became customers after our merger with yahoo! are unaffected, but if you have an email address that ends with the domain `@pacbell.net`, `@nvbell.net`, `@swbell.net` and some `@sbcglobal.net` customers were blocked from sending emails to and `@aol.com` email address. AOL hasn't given us any answer other than they are trying to stop the spread of internet viruses, but I don't see how blocking domains is going to do much more than p.o.`ing a lot of poeple. AOL IS blocking emails, though, it's not just this site.

Quick Reply: f150 vs AOL I think I got it!!!