Old 08-20-2008, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Testing Quick Reply

Old 08-20-2008, 03:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Still not working....

Old 09-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Its tuff dealing with brand loyalty, I have been that way also, but After owning a lot of cars, (company cars give you a lot of experience) Fords are ok, except their electrical systems suck.... That is why door open sensors, brake cylinder switches, and warning lights can drive you beserk. That is from owning a Ford windstar, Mustang, and Ford F150. I have a Toyota product which only the tranny has failed at 100k miles, but the rest of the car is like new at 160k miles. Honda, well owned 6 of them. great cars, except for brakes on a couple of years. But then again my 150 sucks on brakes. Owned a Mercedes, great car, great engineering ( probably some of the finest i have ever seen on a engine) great handling and very solid, however the parts on the electrical suck. Chrysler, well the minivan is probably one of the best passenger carrying vehicle ever. Hate to admit it but had like no problems. I was lucky. The folks on this site are great in general, but loyalty does hide defects. If you own a really good brand and switch to another and discover what you felt was good, was even more realiable, than you learn.....unfortunately some people expect brakes to fail at 10k miles, fuel injectors to fail at 18k miles, tires bad from the get go, spark plugs that you cant remove as normal, or rear ends that fail at 20k as ok...Not me, have been driving too long to know that is not the norm and I expect better. Yes my truck looks manly, rides fantastic, and is very nice handling, but if it blows on me ten minutes from my house, I am sorry it is a piece of you know what. I have tried, to understand the good old boys, but sometimes you guys just dont get it. Open your mind and demand better, that is why Ford is sucking the wind right now....

Quick Reply: Consumer Reports September 2007