Quality is Job ZERO on my F-150

Old 07-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Quality is Job ZERO on my F-150

I have been very patient since i ordered an F-150 in June of 2005. A big mistake. It came in without a power steering cooler unlike all the other F-150's in the dealers lot and my spouse's F-150 bought in March (also an F-150 has a power steering cooler on it). Her truck does not even have a hitch or tow package and has the smaller of the two V-8's. I ordered the larger V-8 plus the hitch and tow package and I have a very long steel tube that runs all over the front of the truck before it finally goes back to the power steering pump. After 2 years and i month and dozens of visits to the dealer and phone calls to Ford's so-called "customer service" line and stopping in to see the dealer which are brothers and being "bulldozed" by the service manager who tells me a power steering cooler is an option and he will install one if Im willing to pay for it. It was never listed as an option on any Ford F-150 I ever looked at. My spouse has one and her truck does not list it as an option. Ford and the the Ford dealers do not seem to know what they are talking about. My biggest mistake was ordering a truck from Latham Ford in Latham, N.Y. Neither of the two dealers will bother to even call me. Needless to say my next truck will not be a Ford. By the way we have four Ford vehicles but this has done it for us. Its little wonder Ford is doing so poorly the way they treat customers.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Nice 1st post. Welcome!

-Brian

Old 07-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Is there something wrong with the way the truck steers? No, then I guess you really don't have all that much to complain about. Except maybe the service at your dealership. With that said it sounds like you're just being a little ****.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:06 PM
If you ordered the truck with the tow package, they usually include the power steering cooler. you truck may have it, they changed the design for the cooler. From what I have been told, it is looks like a square shaped tube (it looks like a Staple ). Before taking delivery of your truck, you should have checked the truck to make sure that you got what you want. As long as you have a transmission cooler and an upgraded radiator, you should be fine if you tow a heavy trailer.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
holey crap... you won't buy a Ford again because it doesn't have the power steering cooler you THINK it should have? If that is'nt lame, I don't know what is. I am sure it is EXACTLY the way it is supposed to be. I never heard of the tow package getting a larger power steering cooler. Why? It would serve no purpose. Guess you better go buy that tundra.... I hear it has a power steering cooler the size of the engine radiator on that bad boy.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Sure there are some sketchy employees at dealerships, but they are not confined to just Ford dealers. Why not try again to contact Ford online and ask for someone to talk to and cut out those two dealerships completely?

Most here like their F150, they joined this board to rap with members who share similar views of the trucks we all like.

Sounds like your first thread was a bit of a rant for all of us to read as you sling mud at Ford.

Hey, dont take it personally but my wife gets like this too until she takes her Midol

Old 07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Sorry to hear you're so unhappy

Originally Posted by Disappointed2
I have been very patient since i ordered an F-150 in June of 2005. A big mistake. It came in without a power steering cooler unlike all the other F-150's in the dealers lot and my spouse's F-150 bought in March (also an F-150 has a power steering cooler on it). Her truck does not even have a hitch or tow package and has the smaller of the two V-8's. I ordered the larger V-8 plus the hitch and tow package and I have a very long steel tube that runs all over the front of the truck before it finally goes back to the power steering pump. After 2 years and i month and dozens of visits to the dealer and phone calls to Ford's so-called "customer service" line and stopping in to see the dealer which are brothers and being "bulldozed" by the service manager who tells me a power steering cooler is an option and he will install one if Im willing to pay for it. It was never listed as an option on any Ford F-150 I ever looked at. My spouse has one and her truck does not list it as an option. Ford and the the Ford dealers do not seem to know what they are talking about. My biggest mistake was ordering a truck from Latham Ford in Latham, N.Y. Neither of the two dealers will bother to even call me. Needless to say my next truck will not be a Ford. By the way we have four Ford vehicles but this has done it for us. Its little wonder Ford is doing so poorly the way they treat customers.
No matter what make of vehicle you go with, there's bound to be some problems for some people. It happens. Oh, I forgot the SH. Whether it's a ford, chevy, dodge, toyota and so on and so on, these things do happen. Nothing is perfect(unfortunatly). You said you have 4 fords altogether. I'm just curious, but were there problems with those other vehicles, or did it just take alot of money to figure out that for you fords suck???

Old 07-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Dont worry about this guy he posted another thread in the GD, but he never responds. Looks like he just came on the site to rant and loosen up his panties that were in a bunch.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Copperhead64
Dont worry about this guy he posted another thread in the GD, but he never responds. Looks like he just came on the site to rant and loosen up his panties that were in a bunch.
I think he just forgot his panty liners.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 AM
all i can say is Wowwww

power steering cooler, i dont have one on mine never heard of it needing one .
well that i know of .
the trans cooler i could see but why would someone be so concerned bout a power steering cooler????

im Lost , by the way where do i look for MY Power steering cooler LOL

Old 07-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by fallingUP
...power steering cooler, i dont have one on mine...
That probably explains why I have two on my truck.

I specifically told the salesman that the power steering cooler was very important to me and he said,
"Don't worry, I'll make a note to the assembly plant on your order. They'll take one off the truck behind yours in line and then you'll have two."

My power steering temps rarely get above freezing.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Raoul
That probably explains why I have two on my truck.

I specifically told the salesman that the power steering cooler was very important to me and he said,
"Don't worry, I'll make a note to the assembly plant on your order. They'll take one off the truck behind yours in line and then you'll have two."

My power steering temps rarely get above freezing.

Dang Raoul

u got Mine, then i guess u can see i put my truck on Lay away.
took 8 years to pay for it lol

didnt want no one to know

Old 07-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Ya, buddy had a good 1st noob post, love the run on sentances too. There must be reasons why the trucks had certain things and didn't have others. How about 9/10 of the time the dealers drop the ball huge and tarnish the Ford brand. I got a really reliable truck that had and was more than I could have asked for largely in part of my sales person.

These things come with P/S coolers now? I don't think my 2000 has one but oh well!!!

Old 07-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by BLUE20004X4
Ya, buddy had a good 1st noob post, love the run on sentances too. There must be reasons why the trucks had certain things and didn't have others. How about 9/10 of the time the dealers drop the ball huge and tarnish the Ford brand. I got a really reliable truck that had and was more than I could have asked for largely in part of my sales person.

These things come with P/S coolers now? I don't think my 2000 has one but oh well!!!
The guy did say he has 3 other fords. How bad can they be?

Old 07-21-2007, 10:04 AM
I enjoy reading posts like this. I don't feel like quite as big of a whiner from posting on here after a Ford dealership blew up my engine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quality is Job ZERO on my F-150