Quality is Job ZERO on my F-150

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mccrick
I enjoy reading posts like this. I don't feel like quite as big of a whiner from posting on here after a Ford dealership blew up my engine.
I love my fords' so much I DON'T take them to a dealership!! Sorry to about ur engine man!

Old 07-21-2007, 09:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Disappointed2
I have been very patient since i ordered an F-150 in June of 2005. A big mistake. It came in without a power steering cooler unlike all the other F-150's in the dealers lot and my spouse's F-150 bought in March (also an F-150 has a power steering cooler on it). Her truck does not even have a hitch or tow package and has the smaller of the two V-8's. I ordered the larger V-8 plus the hitch and tow package and I have a very long steel tube that runs all over the front of the truck before it finally goes back to the power steering pump. After 2 years and i month and dozens of visits to the dealer and phone calls to Ford's so-called "customer service" line and stopping in to see the dealer which are brothers and being "bulldozed" by the service manager who tells me a power steering cooler is an option and he will install one if Im willing to pay for it. It was never listed as an option on any Ford F-150 I ever looked at. My spouse has one and her truck does not list it as an option. Ford and the the Ford dealers do not seem to know what they are talking about. My biggest mistake was ordering a truck from Latham Ford in Latham, N.Y. Neither of the two dealers will bother to even call me. Needless to say my next truck will not be a Ford. By the way we have four Ford vehicles but this has done it for us. Its little wonder Ford is doing so poorly the way they treat customers.
I'm speechless.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so why dont you just put a cooler on it?

Old 07-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Disappointed2
I have been very patient since i ordered an F-150 in June of 2005. A big mistake. It came in without a power steering cooler unlike all the other F-150's in the dealers lot and my spouse's F-150 bought in March (also an F-150 has a power steering cooler on it). Her truck does not even have a hitch or tow package and has the smaller of the two V-8's. I ordered the larger V-8 plus the hitch and tow package and I have a very long steel tube that runs all over the front of the truck before it finally goes back to the power steering pump. After 2 years and i month and dozens of visits to the dealer and phone calls to Ford's so-called "customer service" line and stopping in to see the dealer which are brothers and being "bulldozed" by the service manager who tells me a power steering cooler is an option and he will install one if Im willing to pay for it. It was never listed as an option on any Ford F-150 I ever looked at. My spouse has one and her truck does not list it as an option. Ford and the the Ford dealers do not seem to know what they are talking about. My biggest mistake was ordering a truck from Latham Ford in Latham, N.Y. Neither of the two dealers will bother to even call me. Needless to say my next truck will not be a Ford. By the way we have four Ford vehicles but this has done it for us. Its little wonder Ford is doing so poorly the way they treat customers.

my god man grow a set... im sure my g/f has some midol she can give you... damn yankees

Old 07-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Heres' an idea...

Take the one off your wifes truck (i bet she'll never even know)

Old 07-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Can the power steering in an otherwise properly functioning truck even overheat? I looked thru my service manual, it says I got one, but doesn't say "if equipped" so must be standard issue. Maybe my UD pulleys will help even further to prevent overheating. If this guy's truck can be driven in hot summers in slow traffic with no issues, don't worry about it, but don't go and curse all that is FORD because of one dealer. Find another!! I would say to this guy not to go to GM because of the multitude of vehicle problems I had with their products, but he will have to learn that one for his own.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Disappointed2,

Ford changed the design of the cooler from the finned tube type to the long metal tube. Your truck does have a power steering cooler, it is just a different design.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:17 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by kd4crs
Disappointed2,

Ford changed the design of the cooler from the finned tube type to the long metal tube. Your truck does have a power steering cooler, it is just a different design.
lmao...

Old 07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
I have been very patient since i ordered an F-150 in June of 2005.
I hope this is a missprint, if not I would be more p!$$ed off that it took 2 years for my truck to come in, then some little power steering cooler.
If he is that pickie, that he would notice something as small as this, he wont be happy no matter what he buys. I didnt even no my trucked had one of these. I am going outside to check right now, and if it is not there OHHH boy heads are going to roll!!

Old 08-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Multiple Usernames
Why did this person pay for a vehicle that did not come with what he ordered?

I haven't purchased/ordered in awhile, but don't the dealers give the buyer a printout of what exactly they are ordering?

If I am ordering an optional radio/CD, when the truck comes in, I would go and check first before paying.

I think this buyer is more mad at him/herself than anything else.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Personally, I've always had and like chevy's .But since my wife works at FORD MOTOR CREDIT.I bought my frist ford been a ford guy ever since. On my second ford f150 .no way in going back yo anything else .And the dealerships !!! Thats another story, I think all dealerships are ****. yes, even ford. I'll never take one there if i can help it. Dealerships are just that they really have nothing to do with ford. So you cant really blame ford for the mistakes of the sorry dealerships.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:44 AM
Why doesn't this bogus thread just die!! The guy probably isn't even old enough to drive yet.. NO ONE POST FROM THIS POINT ON, PLEASE!!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 04:00 AM
Testing quick reply

Old 08-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Suspended
working?

Quick Reply: Quality is Job ZERO on my F-150