paint job

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 07:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paint job

New to the forum, and need some other opinions.........I have a 98 f150 supercab stepside, has been an excellent truck, but in the past year I have noticed that the paint is cracking on the hood and on top of the roof of the truck. Is this another famous ford bad factory paint job? Is there anything ford will do about it? It basically looks like a razor blade has been took to the paint and sliced all over the hood and roof,there is also cracks in the paint on the roof where the channels are from the back glass all the way to the front glass. Anybody know anything????????

Old 12-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure what to tell you. It sounds like 'solvent pop' but, I'm not sure I can picture what you're talking about.

Can you take and post some pictures?

RP

Old 12-03-2004, 02:05 PM
paintjob

Thanks for the reply RP. Unfortunately, I don't have any way of posting pics at this time. Just imagine thin cracks all over your hood and roof, some are about a inch in length. The channels I was talking about is basically right above the drivers side and passengers side doors, on the edge of the roof, the paint is cracking all the way of the length of the channels on it.

Old 12-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Do a search on 'paint cracks' and see what you find...it's not uncommon for the paint to crack in the water run-off channels on the roof of the truck. Some folks have gotten them warrantied and others have not.

Old 12-07-2004, 08:43 PM
paint job

Thanks, I will give it a try.......

Quick Reply: paint job