Pre-1997 Models

Bedliner repair??

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bedliner repair??

[Disclaimer] I did search this board as well as the Bedliner forum, but didn't find any answers to this question... I'm going to post this over there as well.

Have any of you guys ever repaired, or heard of a way to repair a plastic bedliner? I got a liner from a neighbor over the weekend (for FREE!) for my '90 ext-cab std bed. The only catch is that it has a couple of "tears" in it up near the front of the bed right where it makes the turn up from the floor. One is only about 2", the other is about 4", and I can wriggle a few fingers through the tear/hole.

Is there any such thing as a repair kit for drop-in liners? I've used epoxy to fill in small screw holes in a liner before; Would that be a best choice? Any other heavy-duty bolding/sealing agents?

I don't want to ditch it and put in a spray-in - that's not an option.

Any/all suggestions on how to fix are welcomed!

Thanks fellas!!

Wade

Old 09-10-2002, 01:13 PM
Sorry never heard of one my-self....maybe you could just lay down one of those rubber bed mats...if the holes are on the bottom....but this sounds like a time for some DUCT TAPE!

Old 09-10-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by SPROCKET_X
Sorry never heard of one my-self....maybe you could just lay down one of those rubber bed mats...if the holes are on the bottom....but this sounds like a time for some DUCT TAPE!
LOL! Or maybe my Dad's favorite repair tool (that I just remembered) J&B Weld!!

Wade

Old 09-10-2002, 02:04 PM
bedliner

if you a tear with nothing missing you can heat it with a torch or a wood burning tool ,take a screwdriver and rub the seams together ,then let it cool off ,be careful that stuff will melt mike

Old 09-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Duct tape can fix anything!

Old 09-11-2002, 12:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are ways to repair it. My brother used a scrap piece of plastic and melted it and poured it in /on the affected area and used a trowel to smooth it out. I have also known people to mix up a batch of marine expoxy with chopped mat and lay it up. They added black coloring to the epoxy to match the color. Cost about 20.00 in parts.

Just make sure you rough up the area so the plastic has something to grip to.

Justin

The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: Bedliner repair??