Pre-1997 Models

Beat my own truck!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beat my own truck!

I dunno if you guys remember but a while back I posted about seeing my identical truck but lowered and how sick I felt about it.
I talked with the owner of the truck...a 19yr old like me at the gas station a few months ago. It's the same year, colors, size, engine, 5spd and 3:31...it's IDENTICAL other than the fact it's 1 inch off the ground.

Well on my way to work today I see it a few cars ahead of me so I speed up and catch up with the guy and we pull up to a red light together side by side. Well I couldn't resist the urge to give a little friendly wave and rev of the engine.
Light turns green and we are off! Both of our trucks wheels are screeching from the line.
I've already got a big lead on him from the start and after that he just stayed in my mirrors LOL.
I felt so joyed to spank him. Made my day!
We both baby our trucks but apparently and I give thanks to this site and other F150 sites for helping get my 4.9L tuned in good.
Only advantage I had on him is my FIPK, but then again I'm running 31inch tires and he's running 28 inch and we both have 3:31 gears. I can almost garantee I still would have whooped him w/out the FIPK.

Nothing against lowered trucks...I just think these body style's look fugly lowered that low.

Old 08-29-2002, 11:14 PM
Cool

What about raised alittle ????

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Old 08-29-2002, 11:21 PM
Dude, you have a Solo Baric? Those things are awesome, 750 watts each, for 12's

Old 08-30-2002, 12:06 AM
Did you jusr raise your truck? It looks good.

Old 08-30-2002, 02:38 AM
6" lift is in the future...nice truck izzyeddy

Old 08-30-2002, 12:58 PM
Cool

No, I didn't lift it. She is still a 4x2 truck. That is just a well place modification from another truck that did have a lift on it. I wanted to see what mine could look like if I did lift it and put bigger tires on. Not bad eh. I have been bitten by the 4x4 bug. I went with JMC (he has a 4x4) to a Michigan Chapter (From Ford Truck World) sand dune weekend. We only went for the Saturday but it was really cool. I have never went off-roading before so this was new to me. Meet alot of great people, fix a few problems, did some pulling ... well JMC did, I just hooked up the cable and I had a great time. I have been looking around for another truck and I have found this one already to go.

Brand new axles, 6" lift kit, 38" tires and a brand new stainless steel exhaust ... don't know what the motor is but the bigger the better.

Currently just dreaming as this is tough to get by the wife. Makes it even harder to do when she doesn't have a job now either. Oh well, time will tell and I can always just keeping jumping aboard with JMC, if he doesn't mind.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Quick Reply: Beat my own truck!