Pre-1997 Models

29k pre-runner build

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 12:37 AM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
29k pre-runner build

I think this thing looks pretty cool. And like Patrick says, depending on where you live, and adding a couple of key mods could make it OK to drive on the street... What do you think? Check out all the pics and info here.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:58 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Very neat.

Not sure if I like the bed. Looks weird.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I don't pretend to know a lot about this type of truck but I know enough to know this thing is a near joke. I wonder how many jumps you'll make before the unsupported frame flexes enough to spit that 2 piece driveshaft in the wind. And what is the purpose of running the left side header, if there really is a header, to the other side of the truck and then get real stupid and weld it to a single collector box. Kinda destroys any benefits of having headers to begin with. And then we have a nice stereo in a truck with a big block and headers, no exhaust, and yer suppose to listen to what? You can't put enough stereo in a truck to get past the 460 with no exhaust. And then there's the paint job. Looks like someone did it with their Wagner Easi-spray paint gun. That makes it one click above rattle can but a lot of clicks below Earl Scheib(I'll paint any car for $29.95). Of the trucks I know that run Baja and the rough trails like Dakar, none are an extended cab configuration as it weighs more. The idea is for the truck to float across the sand/dirt/water. More weight is stupid at best. Really reminds me of a few teens I've seen over the years that wanted a hot rod like the rich kids but couldn't afford it so they pieced together something with what they had sitting around. And then they have the ***** to say the price is over 28 grand! They'll need P T Barnum for their salesman.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:32 AM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Labnerd
And then they have the ***** to say the price is over 28 grand! They'll need P T Barnum for their salesman.
I don't know a lot about these types of builds. But I have a sense of humor, and I know that last line is great. Thanks for chiming in, man!

Quick Reply: 29k pre-runner build