Pre-1997 Models

351W motor mounts, right and left the same?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
😄

Originally Posted by remaction
Part of my confusion is that there are two different types of motor mounts on it now, so the previous owner was either confused when he put the motor in or he cut a corner with some mounts that he had. The one that failed is the odd one and does not match the ones I ordered.
I found some block numbers, but need to go back under and try to find the numbers/letters preceding the 6015AA that I found. Also the adjacent code is 7K20, so if I deciphered that correctly it was built on Nov 20th in the 7th year of a decade, so probably a 77 or 87 motor.
It’s always a pain when someone has just thrown parts on and theyre not the right ones! Then when u get the right ones to replace a failing part your 🤔 because it looks wrong. I’ve gone through that alot with my truck because it was my dads and he just did whatever worked at the time lol I’m having trouble with the rear and have to take it apart and sort it out because a friend of his that “knew what he was doing” replaced the bearing in carrier, pinon, axles and now it has so much backlash that it bangs when you accelerate or let go of the gas lmao Always something!

Old 02-16-2019, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found the codes. 1977 351W from a full size vehicle. I guess it may have come out of a 1978 F100/F150 if it was not the original engine in that F-100.

Quick Reply: 351W motor mounts, right and left the same?