Pre-1997 Models

Sam Walton's F-150 on display

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 09:33 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sam Walton's F-150 on display

Apparently, the Walmart Heritage Museum has his truck on display, which he drove from new until he died. Apparently the dude had good taste in vehicles. As I recall, he used to fly himself around in small planes to visit locations too. Check out more pics and info on the truck here.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:03 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
According to Ford's website, that truck in the Walmart museum is a replica, not the original truck.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Interesting.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:07 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
According to this article the replica is in front of the store, the original is in the museum.

https://blog.walmart.com/heritage/20...walmart-museum

Old 08-17-2018, 09:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
It's still neat to see Sam Walton's truck... lol

My favorite water is Sam's Choice believe it or not... it's got a great taste and best of all... you get 24 of 20oz bottles of water. Everyone else sells 16.9oz... which people then think are saving money when they aren't.

I know Wal*Mart doesn't sell the Sam's Choice fruit and nut chocolate bars (similar to the Cadbury fruit and nut) any more. Damn do I miss those. Haven't had one since I was in high school. I remember I used to drive my '99 F150 when I got my drivers license to go there to buy a pack. Ya know, make a special trip... I wound up eating a whole one by the time I got home. Miss those days...

Old 08-17-2018, 01:22 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
It's still neat to see Sam Walton's truck... lol

My favorite water is Sam's Choice believe it or not... it's got a great taste and best of all... you get 24 of 20oz bottles of water. Everyone else sells 16.9oz... which people then think are saving money when they aren't.

I know Wal*Mart doesn't sell the Sam's Choice fruit and nut chocolate bars (similar to the Cadbury fruit and nut) any more. Damn do I miss those. Haven't had one since I was in high school. I remember I used to drive my '99 F150 when I got my drivers license to go there to buy a pack. Ya know, make a special trip... I wound up eating a whole one by the time I got home. Miss those days...
There aren't any Walmarts around me, and the last time I went there was to buy Long Lost Lime Skittles, the ones without Lime instead of the vile Green Apple ones they were replaced with. You could only get them at Walmart. That said, when I was a kid, I remember the Sam's Choice chocolate chip cookies were stupid good. They were a perfect balance between chewy and crispy, and better than all the major cookie brands I ever had. I figured they must have be rebranded something, but was never able to figure it out. Along with trucks, Sam had good taste in cookies too. Ha ha!

Quick Reply: Sam Walton's F-150 on display