Pre-1997 Models

This truck is just about perfect...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 09:05 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This truck is just about perfect...

The writer on the HP thinks the wheels look good here, but I don't really care for them. But I love everything else — and think this baby sparkles in Wimbledon White. What do you think? Do you like the wheels? Or would you have gone for something more classic? You can check out more photos on the HP.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Back in the mid-eighties my dad and I built a 65 F100 that looked almost identical except was a long box. We relocated the gas tank, beefed up the suspension and after looking at the pics of this one I think our interior came out a little nicer. It had a GM 350 small block and Craiger SS chrome wheels with wide street tires. Looked great but was a PIA to drive in town with no power steering - we should have never gotten rid of it.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:22 AM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dog'em
Back in the mid-eighties my dad and I built a 65 F100 that looked almost identical except was a long box. We relocated the gas tank, beefed up the suspension and after looking at the pics of this one I think our interior came out a little nicer. It had a GM 350 small block and Craiger SS chrome wheels with wide street tires. Looked great but was a PIA to drive in town with no power steering - we should have never gotten rid of it.
Sounds like you and your Dad built a hell of a truck. I have "fond" memories of wrestling my 1980 into parallel parking spots in Seattle. The power steering pump was bad, and it was a chore...