Pre-1997 Models

95 f150 in line 6 swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 f150 in line 6 swap

Hi everyone I have a problem. I recently had a friend of mine swap out my 95 f150 in line 6 engine with another in line 6 (96 yr model). However our problem is that I'm able to start the truck, but after about two seconds it will die and not run. I've replaced fuel filters, checked fuel pressure (60Ilbs), replaced battery, & checked fuel pumps. I dont know what else it could be. can someone please help. Thanks

Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After the two seconds, will it restart and run another two seconds? If NO, check to see if you have spark through the spark plug wires.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 AM
i heard about smog/ air pumps stalling making the engine stall. see if it spins free without the belt

Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 AM
engine swap

Originally Posted by masseyman
After the two seconds, will it restart and run another two seconds? If NO, check to see if you have spark through the spark plug wires.
Yes I've tried restarting it and I have to let the fuel pump run for a min or two before it'll restart again. But it will then shut off again. I'm no mechanbic by no means but, I assume if it starts that means its getting fire. However I dont know what kind of fuel pressure I'm getting after it starts.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by ERNESTO_
Yes I've tried restarting it and I have to let the fuel pump run for a min or two before it'll restart again. But it will then shut off again. I'm no mechanbic by no means but, I assume if it starts that means its getting fire. However I dont know what kind of fuel pressure I'm getting after it starts.
maybe stupid question but shouldn't your fuel pump be running a few seconds before start and not few minutes?
maybe dent in fuel line? that restricts the flow, if it doesn't flow you have enough pressure but from the moment it asks for fuel its to restricted. could also be pcm relay.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:55 AM
motor swap

Originally Posted by johny89
maybe stupid question but shouldn't your fuel pump be running a few seconds before start and not few minutes?
maybe dent in fuel line? that restricts the flow, if it doesn't flow you have enough pressure but from the moment it asks for fuel its to restricted. could also be pcm relay.
Hey Johnny good point. Is the pcm the computer? I was told today that the computer from a 95 to a 96 model are completely different. So I don't know how true this is.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:22 AM
Thr 95 uses the EEC-IV processor, the 96 is EEC-V
They are completely different but the engines are mechanically the same
If the guy who did the swap used the processor, engine wiring harness and sensor array out of the 95 and hooked them up to the 96 engine, it should work. If he did some sort of a mix and match, who knows?

Quick Reply: 95 f150 in line 6 swap