Pre-1997 Models

where is the plug for the windows??

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where is the plug for the windows??

This saturday I have a 2 hour window to take the doors, (with pwr windows and locks) and the dash trip/clock, and other goodies I may want before the
'86 Bronco is crushed.

In order to get this done quickly: where is the power door window/lock plug?
Don't want to cut the wires at the post.

If I take the padded dash off, can I get to the trip/clock wireing harness? I want that too without cutting it.

I don't have an '83 - '86 F-150 YET, but getting free power windows/locks, and the clock opens up my selection if the one I find don't have these options.
What else might be good to take??
thanks
Reamer

Old 10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well when u pull the door the conector should come out the hole n u just unplug it

just pull the unit and unplug thetrip/clock its easyer

id grab the tail lights ull never know if or when ull need one or both

Old 10-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The door connectors are inside the lower A-pillars (inside the holes in the body sheet metal behind the kick panels), but you need the harness they connect to. THAT harness runs across the firewall, and is a PITA to remove with the dash in-place. Read these captions:

The clock & its harness can be removed withOUT removing the dash pad. Pull the clock/radio/HVAC bezel (2 screws above the clock), then the clock (3 screws), then follow its harness down the R side of the radio & HVAC to the bottom of the dash, where it Y's into the rest of the courtesy light harness, and unplug both sides.

But saving these parts probably isn't worth the effort since they're the worst designs. The window/lock switches are unreliable; their bezels typically crack & drop the switches inside the doors; the wiring is unnecessarily heavy & the connections are weak; the lock motors are particularly bad, and the window motors aren't much better; the clock switches are difficult to operate and commonly corrode to the point of uselessness... No matter what '80-96 truck you get, you'd be better off installing '92-96 PW/PL/PM wiring & switches. Any decent aftermarket radio, or the '87-96 factory radios, will have a clock. I can't think of anything in the '80-86 interior that's worth having - almost everything in mine has been swapped to '92-96, and I'm preparing to swap the body next.

If the '86 Bronco has sliding side windows, definitely save them, but it probably doesn't.

Quick Reply: where is the plug for the windows??