Pre-1997 Models

To those who offroad/lift their pre 97's

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=lakemarykid;4560488]I'm sure everyone gets sick of seeing mine but here is one picture.

-Curtis-[/QUOTE

Man you gotta warn people before you post a pic of that beast........ it scared my dog

Old 04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DAsteve
sounds like a plan!

would you go with 4:56's if you did it over? hows your mpgs? im getting 12mpg w/ 302 e4od 3:55 gears and 33s.. might go with 35s in the future
No the 4.10s and 33's seem to be a good combo and I don't want my highway mpg's to drop any more. If I ran 35's I'd probably go with 4.56s. I get 12-13 mpg.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:08 PM

Here is a normal picture

Old 04-12-2011, 03:09 PM
im gonna be doin a mileage chek on my truck real soon running my 4.88s and 39.5 IROKS some are back roads some highway

Old 04-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by lakemarykid
I'm sure everyone gets sick of seeing mine but here is one picture.[/IMG]

-Curtis-
i get sick of fapping when i see your truck!

Originally Posted by NASSTY
No the 4.10s and 33's seem to be a good combo and I don't want my highway mpg's to drop any more. If I ran 35's I'd probably go with 4.56s. I get 12-13 mpg.
hmmmm. thanks a lot... sounds like im not going to milk much more mpgs out of this pig.

OP: sorry to be off topic/threadjacking

Old 04-12-2011, 09:38 PM
To anyone who thinks your thread jacking don't worry I'm learning more in every post...
Also I would like to get a good amount of flex .. When I look at rough country lifts it says add how ever much money for sway bars or upgraded sway bars didnt even know if I needed that or not . But what could be done to the rcx to het just a little extra flex?
As far as lockers and gears ... I do plan on both but was thinking I mite do lockers first

And lastly , lake marry kid , I've never got tired of seeing that truck to be honest I think it is one of the nicest trucks on the entire site and you have a ton of flex going on there .... Can dome one explain the whole tub and removing sway bars vs lift kit coils and all that please ?

Old 04-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by rclark12
To anyone who thinks your thread jacking don't worry I'm learning more in every post...
Also I would like to get a good amount of flex .. When I look at rough country lifts it says add how ever much money for sway bars or upgraded sway bars didnt even know if I needed that or not . But what could be done to the rcx to het just a little extra flex?
As far as lockers and gears ... I do plan on both but was thinking I mite do lockers first

And lastly , lake marry kid , I've never got tired of seeing that truck to be honest I think it is one of the nicest trucks on the entire site and you have a ton of flex going on there .... Can dome one explain the whole tub and removing sway bars vs lift kit coils and all that please ?
dont worry about the sway bars, infact you can either do quick disconnects, or just rip them out entirely... they will hinder flex.... in regards to lifts.... i got a rough country, its rather stiff, does flex better then stock, but if i had the option, i would have ordered the kit with deaver 13 pack leafs for the rear, and superflex coils up front from broncograveyard.com, but as mentioned in the thread from someone else in regards to the TTB link, seems some really nice jeep coils up front would allow excellent flex... as they require less force to compress em.... none the less... superflex coils from broncograveyard and deaver leafs for the rear from same site.. = win

Old 04-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Would that be added onto/worked in with the rcx or a different thing all together ? Sorry for all the questions alot of this is all new to me

Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Bronco graveyard has their own lift... it might be superlift I never figured that one out. But they offer a superflex style of lift that would work so much better than rcx, but you pay for it.
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/Lunchbox-lockers.htm To whom ever it was that I was talking to about lunchbox lockers.
basically you take this bomb lookin thing.. and put it inplace of your stock spider gears. Most of them will only go in place of an open diff so if you have stock LS there are less options.
If you wheel hard or run high power or over a 35" tire you'll break that stuff though.
Klitch broke one or two of em on his truck, granted he has a blown 5.4 with sas and I think 37's.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:04 PM
LiKe opposed to putting the rear blocks of the rcx kit could I pile up the weaver leaf springs ? And then leave front regular or just swap the coil for a super flex coil when I install kit ?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:07 PM
It would be cheaper to buy the other lift kit than to buy an rcx lift then change out the springs.
Deaver leafs are expensive and any coil that big will be as well. The drop brackets and all that stuff you would use from the rcx kit are the cheaper part of any kit.
Extended radius arms versus drop brackets and stock arms would help a good bit too.
I was also told that poly bushing actually inhibit flex and stock replacement rubber is best.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:15 PM
I checked out broncograveyard on their 5.5 super lift but I think I will stay rcx just because flex isn't my only target .. How does having alot of flex change the feel for driving and turning and all of that ? Although not my top choice I'm keeping their lift kit on mind

Old 04-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Too much flex will ruin your on road drive ability. I really do not know the limits though.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:51 PM
aye, im not sure either about how much flex would affect onroad performance, but i personally would do a trade off, being in colorado, i dont see much sand/mud style ****, its mostly boulders crawling over... yea the kit on bronco graveyard is nice, my rough country was 600~ (around 800 now) from NTWonline when i bought it.... but had ida known about bronco grave yard just 3 days prior to order...i woulda ordered their superflex...still thinkin about doing leaf swap and coil swap sooner or later and selling my leafs and coils from rough country to my neighbor, he will just have to get the other required stuff

in regards to the lunchbox lockers, ive been hearing nothing but good things about the aussie lockers..... and being that my trucks a 5.8l mostly stock (minus air flow modifications) i dont see it actually being the power that destroys it, but rather the terrain.... i really wish i could get the E-Lockers (i dispise air lockers) but thats just to much money.... id rather invest that extra money in a xfer case doubler for incredibly low range

Last edited by nviime; 04-12-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:17 AM
here is jersey im not rock climbing at all, im doing the typical trail riding an messing is some small mud holes. I don't think its worth it for me to sacrifice drivability for the other kit. But let me know how the swap for new springs with the rcx kit goes

Quick Reply: To those who offroad/lift their pre 97's