Pre-1997 Models

Air cleaner ~VS~ Carberator

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air cleaner ~VS~ Carberator

Hey I have a problem with my air cleaner not matching up to my carb? This truck does have the stock carb and stock air cleaner but the two aren't matching up? seems as though the bracket that supports the accelerator cable is sticking up to high to allow the air cleaner to sit on the carb? Any one have any suggestions what might be going on?
Do I need to bend the accelerator cable support arm?
Do I need to dent the bottom of the air cleaner for a proper fit?
I do know I do not wish to drive the truck without an air cleaner in place.

I will get Photos posted as quickly as I can get them taken and remember how to post images in messages!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:55 PM
issue resolved, I purchased a 3"X2" air cleaner/filter gizmo that fits perfectly over the top of the carburetor!

This will be good enough till I get some help with rebuilding the Weber 32/36 2 bbl carburetor I have! I am going to have to find out where to post on here to get help with the carburetor rebuild since this doesn't seem to be the correct catagory for carb help!
I'm sure I just didn't post in the correct area to get assistance with this issue!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:11 PM
You obsess way too much about which forum you should be posting in.

Are you sure a 32/36 is a big enough carb for a 4.9 litre engine? That's the carb I use on my 1.6 litre Kent.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by StrangeRanger
You obsess way too much about which forum you should be posting in.

Are you sure a 32/36 is a big enough carb for a 4.9 litre engine? That's the carb I use on my 1.6 litre Kent.
I am very sorry if it seems as though I obsess in regards to which forum I should post in, All I want to do is post in the correct place to get as much help that I can get, hence if I didn't need and or want the help and or assistance I wouldn't be here posting in the first place.

I can only assume that so many have had these trucks and or engines and are very familiar with them,and most have been here @ F-150Online for a while and have set theirs ways in which they seek to help others with their issues, so if I am posting in the wrong spot then maybe I wont receive the help I would of had I of posted in a different locations! With that being the case then A person could only assume if they post in the wrong spot then then "I" being the dummy for posting in the wrong spot then "I" would be the one not getting any assistance with my issue! When 75 people read and or open my post and not a one replies with exception to you and you negatively comment towards me for being insecure about posting in the incorrect what am I to think, A: no one can help with my issue B: no one wants to help with my issue C: I'm the dummy that posted in the wrong spot their for I don't deserve any help
It was no real issue that this post was disregarded, I was able to make a compromise that should hold up till I get the Weber 32/36 rebuilt!
As a newcomer to the site again (been gone since July 08) I just don't remember exactly how things go around here but I do seem to remember this place being a great source of help, I can't imagine things changed much since then! Got my New-Old F-150 truck on Sunday and Fired my account back up here on Monday at the beginning of my first project! Now 4 projects completed only 3 to go, I do hope I can look forward to help from this site with my next three projects but if no one chooses to help no biggie, I am a very eager person and if their is a will Then I will find a way, even if that means doing it incorrectly the First, second or even the third time, But if someone has the knowledge that wants to offer it then I am more then grate full and very thankful to not only save time but money along the way as well!

I hope this isn't considered a rant or a violatable offense and if it is then I am sorry, but this struck me on a bad nerve after a long day of the truck wooping my butt all day!!! what could go wrong went wrong today! And with out me wanting to annoy anyone within this site i dealt with the issues on my own and now missions were completed and I Now have 3 projects left on the short term goals list!! WOOHOO!

Quick Reply: Air cleaner ~VS~ Carberator