Pre-1997 Models

new to the site.. got a question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to the site.. got a question

hey everyone.. new to the site here, but looks like ill be coming back quite a bit with the good information offered on here.. heres my situation.

I ran the codes on my truck the other day and just had some questions. i tried searching the site here for some answers but maybe i wasnt looking at the right stuff. anyway, here is what i got and the descriptions that were given..

KOEO:
564- Electro-Drive Fan Circuit Failure

KOER:
632 - Overdrive Cancel Switch not changing states

167 - Insufficient TP change during Dynamic Response Test (What is TP and was this something I screwed up during the code retrieval?)

225- Knock Sensor (KS) signal not sensed during dynamic response test
(again, what is a knock sensor and was this something i did wrong during the code retrieval?)

if someone could help me make sense of these and maybe help point me in the right direction on how to correct these i would really appreciate it. thanks a lot

the truck is a 95 f150 5.0L V8 auto with 4 wheel drive

Old 01-14-2009, 11:16 AM
You have an electric fan on a 95 F150 5.0L (564)?

The other three codes was operator error.
You did not do the Dynamic Response Test.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Do you have the push-button 4wd system? I think electro-drive was what Ford called the electric shift transfer cases. Didn't know they had a fan on them though.

A knock sensor is pretty self explanatory. If your engine is knocking(ping) from pre-ignition(mixture is exploding before the spark), that sensor tells the ECU to slightly retard the timing to stop it.

The overdrive cancel switch is the button on the end of your shifter. The "OFF" light should come on next to where it says OVERDRIVE on the **** when you push it. You're supposed to press it during the test.

TP should be Throttle Position. With engine off it expects you to fully depress the pedal and then release to check the TP sensor.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:15 PM
thanks for the help. im gonna run the test again since it seems like i screwed it up in the first place.

and Ra, i dont have the push button, i have the shift lever on the floor. I see from your profile youre from troy, im in albany... small world

Old 01-19-2009, 02:52 AM
(O)
Fan Control (FC) circuit failure - A/C and Fan Circuits

thats an interesting code, never heard of that before. i would assume that is for a car with an electric fan. clear the codes and re-run them.

Quick Reply: new to the site.. got a question