Pre-1997 Models

New truck today! No seatbelts, though

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New truck today! No seatbelts, though

Hey gang! Today I picked up my very first pickup. It's a white on red '95 2wd 5.0 5spd XL. Our first day together was fun, but the receivers for the seatbelts were in the glove box instead of bolted anywhere.
I don't have a service manual or even an owner's manual for the truck yet, so I really have no frame of reference as to where these are supposed to go.
Where do the seat belt receivers attach? To the floor? To the seat?
Anybody have any pictures or tips for me?
Thanks a lot!

Old 05-28-2007, 08:08 PM
If it's a bench seat, they bolt to the floor and the actual clip is just stuffed between the "halves" of the bench seat. The driver side clip is by itself, the middle and passenger side clip are both on one anchor piece, which bolts pretty much "between" the passenger and middle of the bench.

For a split seat or the two captain's chairs, they bolt to the floor next to each seat.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by RaWarrior
If it's a bench seat, they bolt to the floor and the actual clip is just stuffed between the "halves" of the bench seat. The driver side clip is by itself, the middle and passenger side clip are both on one anchor piece, which bolts pretty much "between" the passenger and middle of the bench.

For a split seat or the two captain's chairs, they bolt to the floor next to each seat.
Yeah sorry, bench seat. OK I must be missing those mounting pieces. I'll have a look. Thanks!

Old 05-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The same 2 mounting points are used for all the belts, regardless of what type of chair is used. They're in the floor ~1/3 of the way across from each side. A shouldered T50 bolt goes in each one, and it's easy to get those bolts from Fords in the junkyard.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Ya, the actual strap is looped and sewn through a metal shackle that bolts to the floor. I suppose you could just run a screw through the belt, but I imagine that would compromise it's integrity and may not pass inspection.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by RaWarrior
Ya, the actual strap is looped and sewn through a metal shackle that bolts to the floor. I suppose you could just run a screw through the belt, but I imagine that would compromise it's integrity and may not pass inspection.
Ok we'll use eBay as a reference: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...QQcmdZViewItem
Note: Not my auction, not used with permission, blah blah blah... Ok check out the receivers in the first picture there (the items on the very top and bottom). That is just what I have. I don't have any bracket under the seat or anything else to attach those to, and they are too short to reach directly from the floor to the holes in the bench seat.
Could anyone snap a quick picture of the bracket mount underneath the bench there?

Old 05-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There's no "bracket" - just a bolt that goes thru the hole in the mounting tab into a hole in the floor. If they're too short, they're not the right parts for your truck.

Quick Reply: New truck today! No seatbelts, though