Pre-1997 Models

Want to do a little more for the old truck...Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to do a little more for the old truck...Any suggestions?

Hey, I'm Nick and I have a 93' F-150 Flareside that has 178,000 miles on it. The truck is not running no more, it has a bad transfer case, rear end, a vacuum leak, and the engine & trans needs to be rebuilt. I am working on restoring the truck and it has a 302 in it. I would like to do a little more to the engine since it has a 5.0 like my 94' GT Mustang. Can I use Mustang parts on the F-150? (Throttle body, Intake Manifold, Air Intake, Headers, etc.) It's a nice truck and I won't let it waste.

Does anyone have any suggestions, as far as restoring it (because I need some advice)?

Can I use Mustang parts to beef the new motor up a little? And does anyone know where I can get a new Borg Warner 4406 transfer case?

Also, do they make any body kits or ground effects for the flareside (and does anyone know where they are sold and where I could get them)? And I have 18" rims for my Mustang, I am thinking about a large set for the truck like 20-20" rims (eventhough it is 4x4) can I put the large rims on there with the hubs sticking out.

I would appreciate some help, thanks for whoever reads this

Nick Smith
E-Mail - llxxxrangerxxxll@yahoo.com

Old 09-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although I can certainly appreciate the hut for more horsepower, you may want to consider your intended usage of the truck before you commit to anything. The gas mileage on these things is typically pretty poor anyway, and anything you do to really increase the horsepower isn't gonna help the fuel economy. Also most things that improve upper RPM horsepower come at the cost of low end torque, which is what you usually need more of in a truck.

Quick Reply: Want to do a little more for the old truck...Any suggestions?