Pre-1997 Models

Messy bench

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Messy bench

Is this bad or what I just cant keep it clean guess i am a slob.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Shoot, thats nothin. You can see bench yet you poser....

Adrianspeeder

Old 09-17-2006, 09:46 PM
True true.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Shoulda seen the 3rd bay of my garage when I still had my dune buggy, it was literally a junkyard of Beetle parts. The one wireframe shelf with two supports was pushing dents in the corrugated steel wall there was so much chit piled on it, including an entire transaxle. A 50 year old engine sat on the floor, leaking oil all over the place. Literally dozens of boxes filled with garbage and broken parts covered the floor. Oil and brake fluid everywhere. A big black oil blast stain on the garage door from the tri-mil exhaust. A sizable dent(almost puncture) in the steel wall from when I forgot to tighten a spark plug and upon starting it shot out like a rocket. If I wasn't careful, I'd run over the engine if I drove it in too far. Discarded electrical connectors and bits of wire everywhere. Broken drivebelts hanging on the wall, instead of spare ones. I used an old generator as a paperweight for the Hayes manual when working outside. Where there wasn't garbage, there was grass. Since it was an air-cooled motor, it sucked up all the grass tossed up from the wheels and wads of it stuck to the screen. Once the motor shut off, it fell on the floor. Times about 500. There's too many more to list. Once I got rid of it I literally powerwashed it all out the door and saw the left half of the garage floor(other than the part directly under the buggy, since I usually ran over crap coming in and blew one tire that way on a jagged broken piece of generator stand) for the first time in abot 5 years. Took about 89 gallons of Krud Kutter to get all the Krud off the floor.

It wasn't messy with tools so much as it was with plain old garbage. I picked up 7 Burger King cups when I cleaned it out, dozens of Auto Zone bags, ect.

Wish I had a picture, the garage is quasi-clean now.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:55 PM
I hare ya bud. Mine Is mild now compared to while I was doing the motor on the white trash. Spent most of the day today cleaning decoys for teal hunt this weekend and its all crapped up again.

Quick Reply: Messy bench