Pre-1997 Models

Am I SOL?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Am I SOL?

I just unpacked the new crate motor. I am not sure, but I think I'm up the creek W/O a paddle. The heads (in complete disregard for my instructions) are GT40 P I am sure they are nice heads, but from what I have gathered so far, there's no truck header available that'll fit with these heads. What I have here is a nice Mustang motor ! Anyone interested? I am so pissed off right now, I can't hardly type.

Anyone know of headers that'll work here? Furthermore, I know the stock plugs won't work either. The builder told me it could use the stock plugs, so he's completely useless to me right now.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Old 09-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Just an update - I think I am SOL. I just got off the phone with the motor builder, and he categorically denies compatibility issues with the headers. I'm calling BS here, because Summit will not sell me headers with the "P" heads. I'm going to thread a plug in, and hold the headers up to verify.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He built the motor wrong. Threfor, he is responsible for putting the heads on it you ordered, at his expense.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you can't get the builder to switch heads for you go over to corral or stangnet and ask the mustung guys which headers work on those heads. I know quite a few guys running stang headers on their f150 and just get the right heat range plug. they do make good power

Old 09-19-2006, 04:35 AM
Thanks guys. The builder does seem to be ducking on this. Good news is Trane7714 pointed me towards some headers that the Explorer guys are using with the P heads, and love. So, that and a custom downpipe job looks like my answer. I am looking forward to getting the install done soon, with Mike Troyer being my guy on the tuning side

Quick Reply: Am I SOL?