Pre-1997 Models

A/c Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/c Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've Got A 91 F150 And The Air Hasn't Wored For A While Which Didn't Bother Me But Not I Live In Bakersfield And It's Hot! I Had The R12 Recovered Yesterday, Put The 134a Conversion On It And Put The 134a In. It Didn't Take Much Of It Which Was Odd To Me But The Guage Read That It Was Full.... It Only Blows Out Hot Hair No Matter If It's On Normal Or Max Ac. The Compressor Sounds Like It's Working And Also Gets Hot... But Both Od The Big Black Hoses Are Both Running Hot... Neither Cold... Also I Noticed That Theres One Of Those Black Foil Like Tubes To The Left Of The Compressor Mounted Almost On The Wheel Well That Connects On One End Then There's Nothing Connected To It On The Other End... It's Just Open... Any Suggestions? I'd Really Like To Try To Fix It Myself Before I Go And Pay Someone $900 To Do It! Thanks A Bunch!

Old 07-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the compressor may not be working...the pulley spins freely until the clutch inside the compressor gets a 12v signal. When you turn the a\c on do u here the engines sound change (basically drops rpms...or sound almost like you put it into gear)? If not then try running 12v to the compressor then see if it blows cold if it does then the system isn't telling the compressor to turn on. Next thing to trouble shoot after that is the pressure cut off switch(i think thats what it's called). This was my problem when my a\c wasnt working...over on the passenger side there's a round sensor coming out of the collector tank. Unplug that and short the 2 wires together using a paper clip, if the a\c pops on, then that's your problem. I know it's a little vague description but i'm at work so i cant post pics...any more questions just pm me.

Quick Reply: A/c Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!