Pre-1997 Models

Bench to Buckets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bench to Buckets?

I've got a bench seat in my '95 reg cab F150. Is there any (safe) way to install bucket seats or is that going to involve metalwork to weld nuts into the body?

Old 03-03-2006, 06:48 PM
There shouldn't be much fabrication involved, you might even find that there are holes already there where they need to be. If not just drill holes where you need them and bolt the seats in with a big (like 2" diameter) washer on the bottom to spread out the load and keep the nut from pulling through the floor in the event of an accident. Welding the nust to the floor just makes it easier to bolt and unbolt the seats by yourself. As long as you can find someone to go underneath and hold a wrench on the nut you won't need to weld anything.

-Jon

Old 03-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Is that large washer idea really going to be good enough? They don't reinforce the floorpan around the stock seat attachment locations?

Old 03-05-2006, 02:23 PM
The holes should be there. Ford tends to make universal parts to which any of the optional pomponents can be attached. It is extremely unlikely that there would be different cab fabrications for bench and bucket seats.

If the holes aren't there, a large washer (aka fender washer) as described above should be sufficient to distribute the load.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Arrow after market seats

I just installed a set of aftermarket bucket seats and console for my truck. Ater selecting seat design and color, all the dealer (newsales.com) asked for was my model, make, and year. These seats bolted right up to my existing bench seat mounts, with no problems. Good luck in your search

Old 03-07-2006, 11:08 AM
I think you're nuts. The bench seat in my 95' is the most comfortable ride I've ever experienced in a truck and I 4x4 all summer long.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by UrbanCowboy
I think you're nuts. The bench seat in my 95' is the most comfortable ride I've ever experienced in a truck and I 4x4 all summer long.
It is comfortable, but my issue with it is two fold:

1. It was a work truck for a landscaper and I've got allergies. Cleaning it isn't going to do the trick, it's gotta go along with the headliner and flooring.

2. There's no lateral support, so offroading won't be very comfortable.

Quick Reply: Bench to Buckets?