Pre-1997 Models

removing the top from a Bronco...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
removing the top from a Bronco...

2 questions today I guess:

1. Has anyone ever come across information about how to remove the top from a Bronco? I dont own a Bronco yet but I am searching. I'd love that ability.

2. Do ALL Broncos have that ability/option? As in, is it only Eddie Bauer versions of the Broncos that have removable tops or can they come off all of them?

Thanks,
Erik

Old 12-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Howdy! All fullsize bronco's (78-96) have the ability to go topless. 92-96s are a little trickier in the fact that there there are shoulder belts for the rear seats. Because of this, ford used strange bolts to "hinder" the removal, but they can be easily take out anyway.

Super easy to take the top off as well. The trim pieces come off. The large bolts come off. Then the top comes off! Two people make it easier, but solo is still manageable.

Adrianspeeder

Old 12-14-2005, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by juniorhawk
2 questions today I guess:

1. Has anyone ever come across information about how to remove the top from a Bronco? I dont own a Bronco yet but I am searching. I'd love that ability.

2. Do ALL Broncos have that ability/option? As in, is it only Eddie Bauer versions of the Broncos that have removable tops or can they come off all of them?

Thanks,
Erik
Just wanted to also add that all Broncos ever built have had at least a portion of the top that folds or is removeable. If you get a Bronc, you definitely need to go topless. I'm going to next spring for the first time.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Yes the top will come off. I had a 92 XLT 4X4 bronco and i took the top off all the time, it was awesome at the beach. The only thing that you may run into problems with is the bolts. The bolts are star keys with a little nipple in the middle. The star key sockets with the hole in the middle are a little expensive. Oh, and make sure you keep all the screws to get your interior panels back on when the top goes back on, mine never went back on right.

Quick Reply: removing the top from a Bronco...