Pre-1997 Models

F150 Pulls hard

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Pulls hard

I just bought an 84 F150, dirt cheap, one of those ebay deals, anyway. I got it home and start fooling with it, drove it out the road and it pulls really bad to the left. I thought that wouldn't be so bad, but I went around a curve to the right then it started pulling to the right really bad. I know this thing is gonna need some work, especially as cheap as I bought I just want an idea of the right direction to head.
Would an alignment rectify this or do you all think I'll need to replae major components before I look into an alignment.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check all components for wear, check tire pressure and check for dragging brakes before rushing to the alignment shop. The alignment is the last thing you do because if you change something in the front end it should be realigned. Also check that your front end isn't binding at the ends of the I beams. My buddy used to own a 75 F-150 and the kingpins were always seizing up causing the same symptoms as you just described. The temporary fix in his case was to heat the kingpin with a torch and pump in grease. This seemed to work for a while.

Quick Reply: F150 Pulls hard