Pre-1997 Models

Wiper Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having a similar issue with my 1993 windshield wipers. I have replaced the switch and the module, both of which I now think were not bad, as neither solved the problem. None of the interval functions work. When I turn off the wipers, they stop where they are and do not go all the way down. When I use the fluid, the fluid works and the wipers work, but they will not stop working until I actually turn off the truck. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks, Jim

Old 07-03-2014, 11:43 AM
wiper problem

I watched a video online to test the wiper moter. Using a test light I checked to see if power was going to the motor and then proper ground. I determined that the motor was bad. I replaced it - which took a while and it works great. I found a new one for under $50.00.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:32 AM
Exact same issue

Originally Posted by jimbax
I am having a similar issue with my 1993 windshield wipers. I have replaced the switch and the module, both of which I now think were not bad, as neither solved the problem. None of the interval functions work. When I turn off the wipers, they stop where they are and do not go all the way down. When I use the fluid, the fluid works and the wipers work, but they will not stop working until I actually turn off the truck. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks, Jim
I'm having the exact same issue here... what fixed your problem Jim?? Already tried new switch, no change....please help!!!

Old 12-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Most probably the motor.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by 1995XLT
Most probably the motor.

I can hear a clicking from behind/ under glove box..

Old 12-29-2016, 11:22 PM
That's the wiper module - it's supposed to click. Very rare for anything to go wrong with them.
If you already did the switch, it's most likely the motor.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by 1995XLT
That's the wiper module - it's supposed to click. Very rare for anything to go wrong with them.
If you already did the switch, it's most likely the motor.
alright, thanks for the input!
I will try the motor next

Old 03-01-2017, 02:47 PM
I've got a 93 F150, 4.9 4x4 and have intermittent problems with the wipers. Sometime they would not work at all, sometimes they would just stop. Sometimes they would move at like half speed and jerky. If they stopped, I would smack the dash and they would restart. I was going to try to pull the module (now that I know where it is, but I think I'll try the switch cleaning trick first. And for what it's worth, I don't care how old a thread is as long as it helps. Its not like my truck is getting any newer. Thanks for the tips!

Old 03-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Talking

I cleaned the wiper switch and while I'm sure that it will help prevent some future issues, it didn't fix this problem. I found the wiper delay module, (fun to remove) and found that it was quite warm, suggesting that the motor was hung up. So I watched some You Tube videos on removing the wiper motor, then got a new motor from O'Reillys and changed it out. Problem solved. I did note that people were having problems removing the arm from the motor shaft. I soaked mine with penetrant, then used a crescent wrench between the motor and the arm to pry the arm off. The motor shaft appears to be tapered, which explains the difficulty, so for future help, I put a dab of anti-seize on the shaft.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:06 PM
What was your fix for this? I just recently purchased a 94 150 and I am having this issue.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:07 PM
Wiper issue

Originally Posted by jimbax
What was your fix for this?

Quick Reply: Wiper Control Module