Pre-1997 Models

Dual Tank Selector Value

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual Tank Selector Value

I just bought an 86 F150 4x4. IT has a 302 with EFI and dual tanks.

When I get eh truck the Front tank read about 1/2 full and the rear was on E. So off to the gas station I go.

After filling the rear tank I am leaking fuel at the frame rail mounted selector switch. While am not sure if it is the fittings or the switch I have done some looking it to this switch and now looking for a little advice.

I have found parts like the Niehoff Ignition UN52 or the Ac Delco U7000 this look to be universal. Can anyone recommend using one? I have a feeling that I will have to lose the ford fuel line connectors and the new value has an electrical plug on it but I can't seem to find one on the unit currently it the truck. I have not taken the old one out because I have 35 gallons of gas in it.

I have found the Ford part locally for the list price of about $190.00 part number E5TZ9189B which is about $100 more than the universal Part.

Any help you could provide would be great.

Tom

Old 02-17-2005, 09:08 PM
Sorry i don't have any advice, but i have a similar problem. When i bought my truck, the guy told me the front tank didn't work, and never to use it unless it gets fixed because it leaks. I haven't botherd trying to fix it yet, but would like to fix it sometime, and i'm wondering if it is the same problem that you are having.

Old 02-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Aspen

I've done a lot of work on cars and trucks over the years. I've found sometimes it is better and a lot less headaches to spend a little more. It fits better and the end result is your a lot happppier!!!!! I had a 93 flareside with a 5.0 4+4. I traded this last spring for a xcab96 4+4 with a 5.0. I like it real well and also have a problem with the front tank. I just haven't had time to check it out yet. Good luck with your project.
F96XLT

Quick Reply: Dual Tank Selector Value