Math test??????

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:27 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Math test??????

Ok, so our "hard working" President just concluded his well deserved 14 day vacation in Hawaii. So how does that compare to the man on the street? After all the new rage is income equality....right.

I heard that the average income in the U.S. is about $37,500.00 per year.

Also heard that his little trip to paradise cost the American tax payers somewhere around $4 million (plus/minus).

Now the math part to put things into "common folk" numbers. If you make the "average" income, how long do you have to work to have an equal vacation?

Take $4,000,000 and divide it by $37,500=106.66 YEARS. Now keep in mind that this will only be true IF you never spend a cent on anything and don't have any taxes ever taken out of your check. Plus if you were to take only 1, 14 day vacation per year (this is just one of many for our POSTUS) it will add just a tad over 4 years for you to "save up" enough to cover your cost.

I have never been more proud to be an American.

When will the IDIOTS in this country wake up?

Old 01-13-2014, 07:19 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Oh, the irony of spending over 3 million to decorate the White House this year and the Pres and family weren't even there to enjoy it, they were busily spending 4 million in Hawaii!
But, that's a separate story!

Two year term limits for ALL political offices, no more lifetime pensions, no more career politicians. Once you've served, you are not required to serve again, in fact, no, you can't serve again. Let's get back to the basics. You serve because it's your civic duty.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:34 PM
You know, I was thinking today about when will the stupid people in this country wake up. I truly believe they have woken up, how else could we have slid so far down the slope without their votes?

John, did I hit a nerve with ya?

Old 01-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
just my opionion but if you are looking at the cost of the president, you are stopping to pick up pennies while $100 bills are falling out of you pockets.

stop to realize the security involved and then ask yourself why the pres cant fly coach or book a room at the holiday inn.

and at $400k a year, that is nothing to what most sharp high end guys are that run major corporations. i am 47 run a company with 32 employees and i make more than the president. no way in hell i would take that job. ever look at pictures of the presifdent on the first day of office and what they look like after. that is what 24/7 of stress will get you.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just adding some facts in there.

"Salary is $400,000 a year plus a $50,000 expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and $19,000 for entertainment.

So $569,000 with limitations on how $169,000 of it can be spent."

Also in three years I feel that we will have a Republican president as we cannot forget the fact that Odumbass is of AA decent and that did gather him a lot of votes on both sides of the spectrum R or D. Unless they come up with another AA candidate I think we will be safe. The major city states are always Democrat and that will not change just the way it is in our screwed up electoral college crap. But in the swing states think of all the AA Republicans that probably voted for Obama because he was AA. We are a very divided country, almost right down the middle, of pure hatred towards him and loving him. It's pretty scary.

But I came to this thought last night talking with my father as we watch the political shows last night (both sides to gather information fairly, but we couldn't stop laughing at Chris Matthews what a joke show) ..... we really can't forget the fact that he was AA and forgetting that fact I was very skeptical if we would every have a Republican in office again. Pride of your race sometimes triumphs over your stated party, I understand that. It was a poor choice non the less, and like I said we are likely to see a Republican in office rather than a Democrat after this disastrous wasted 8 years of life and potential progress for the American people.

Last edited by Pockets; 01-15-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
...and at $400k a year, that is nothing to what most sharp high end guys are that run major corporations. i am 47 run a company with 32 employees and i make more than the president. no way in hell i would take that job. ever look at pictures of the presifdent on the first day of office and what they look like after. that is what 24/7 of stress will get you.
He's making a lot more than $400K a year somehow. In 2007 obummer was listed as having a net worth of $1.3 milion. Today he is worth somewhere between $11-12 million. A little bit of math shows that if he didn't spend a dime he should have only gained $2.4mil from income from the job. Something doesn't add up...

Now look at clinton (spits twice) and how much he is worth nowdays. There's a ton of cash to be made from being the President.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
osama lived in a multi-million dollar house in IL as a fresh senator, when he and his wife COMBINED were taking in less than $400k per year. Not sure how that "adds up" either.

Chris, I hope you're right, but we'll see. There were indeed millions of black voters that have zero knowledge of anything political who came out and voter for osama purely because he was black. Uneducated voters of all races are what's ruining the country.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Pockets
Just adding some facts in there.

"Salary is $400,000 a year plus a $50,000 expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and $19,000 for entertainment.

So $569,000 with limitations on how $169,000 of it can be spent."

Also in three years I feel that we will have a Republican president as we cannot forget the fact that Odumbass is of AA decent and that did gather him a lot of votes on both sides of the spectrum R or D. Unless they come up with another AA candidate I think we will be safe. The major city states are always Democrat and that will not change just the way it is in our screwed up electoral college crap. But in the swing states think of all the AA Republicans that probably voted for Obama because he was AA. We are a very divided country, almost right down the middle, of pure hatred towards him and loving him. It's pretty scary.

But I came to this thought last night talking with my father as we watch the political shows last night (both sides to gather information fairly, but we couldn't stop laughing at Chris Matthews what a joke show) ..... we really can't forget the fact that he was AA and forgetting that fact I was very skeptical if we would every have a Republican in office again. Pride of your race sometimes triumphs over your stated party, I understand that. It was a poor choice non the less, and like I said we are likely to see a Republican in office rather than a Democrat after this disastrous wasted 8 years of life and potential progress for the American people.
Maybe I'm not very sharp, real good chance of that , but what the POSTUS makes per year has no bearing here. He wasn't spending his money on that vacation, he was spending tax payer dollars. Now if you are pointing out that his vacation was well over the amount he makes per year, I get it. So if he was to foot the bill for it himself it would have taken his entire salary for ALL 8 years he was in office!

My point in the OP was that we hear about a million here, a billion there, and people rarely take the time to put that into context. It is a given that the media thinks of him as royalty and treats him as such. I just thought that it was pretty sad that the guy talks the talk about things being "Fair or Equal" and has NO SHAME in blowing what it would take an average income earner MORE than a lifetime to make, just to get his jollies. I know.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:18 AM

If we're talking about his absurd travels . . .

Anyone recall when he flew hundreds of his "closest friends and family" to India and rented out the ENTIRE Taj Mahal for WEEKS? I want to say that expense was well into the hundreds of millions. (feel free to check my memory on these vague figures)

What the hell does his "travel budget" include when he gets to do this and spend that kind of money multiple times per year?

Old 01-16-2014, 12:27 AM
What is this "budget" thing you speak of? He does not know the meaning of that word, he has a history of that even before he was the POS.........oops! I mean POTUS.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by jgger
What is this "budget" thing you speak of? He does not know the meaning of that word, he has a history of that even before he was the POS.........oops! I mean POTUS.
I just remembered that that India trip was spun off as a business meeting. Because four 747s filled with his cronies need to be in India for a few weeks to accomplish some kind of presidential business . . .

The only reason why the back window of my truck isn't taken up entire with a cowboy Calvin pissin on his face is fear of vandalism. I refuse to capitalize his name, even in research papers.

Bought some of these for the family and friends, and myself, for Christmas.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 01-16-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:07 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by jgger
You know, I was thinking today about when will the stupid people in this country wake up. I truly believe they have woken up, how else could we have slid so far down the slope without their votes?

John, did I hit a nerve with ya?
Shoot Jim, too many nerves, too little time!

Just amazing the waste of tax dollars. I'm not just talking about present office holders (although this administration drinks more than their share at the fountain of our money). The "truck" was driven in the ditch decades ago and is still stuck spinning it's wheels. We talk about entitlement mentality with the poor and the govt. handout programs, but we overlook the entitlement mentality of our elected officials. Much more money going down that rabbit hole.

Aw, hell Jim, you made me fall off the wagon, and I was doin' so good!

Old 01-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
serotta are you ready.................

i agree 100% with what you just said.

people are concerned with traffic on a bridges and a few million the president spends on vacation, yet we are hemeraging billions with a B

term limitation is a good start. something everyone can agree on.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:43 PM
I am in favor of term limits, too, but IMO two years is not realistic.

Ten years max combined in the House and Senate is reasonable. Allows the good ones to make a difference, and the greedy ones will have plenty of time to feather their nests.

Up to two terms in the Presidency could be added to the 10 year max in Congress.

States should set their own limits for state and local office holders, but 10 years max there sounds like a good number, too. So the perfect public servant could get up to 10 years state/local, 10 years Congress and 8 years in the Oval Office. That's plenty.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:20 PM
Add to the term limits pension limits. 2 years served=2years pension, 4 years served=4 years pension, no more. Involvement in illegal activity while in office, total loss of pension. Pensions should be based on a reasonable percentage of their base salary, not the 100%and up that they think the have coming to them.

It' bad enough that these bastages think they are royalty, we don't have to treat them like they are.

Quick Reply: Math test??????