national debt for dumbies

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flatron
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/debtlimit.asp

Senator Obama (Not President Obama):

'The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that "the buck stops here." Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.'
Ha! That *** has talked out of his *** since he was born in a foreign country. If I interviewed him, I'd have to bring that up and watch him squirm without his teleprompter.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And they have been "fudging" the debt amount due to hitting the limit on borrowing. Of course today, since they passed the new spending bill the debt jumped $328 billion in one day.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...llion-first-t/

Old 10-19-2013, 04:32 AM

How can you spend 1/3 trillion dollars in ONE day . . . ? That's nice, a "deadline instead of a dollar amount" so those clowns have a blank check . . . Wonderful! Because that is SO productive and exactly what they need!

"Republicans initially sought to attach strings to the debt increase, but surrendered this week, instead settling on a bill that reopened the government and included some special earmark projects, but didn’t include any spending cuts."

Like I said, nutless bastards. OK, yes, you can do whatever you guys would like to do! And earmarks in a time like this, really?

Old 10-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by flatron
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/debtlimit.asp

Senator Obama (Not President Obama):

'The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that "the buck stops here." Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.'
What makes this so interesting is that Obama has fought every attempt to cut spending. He complained that the sequester would destroy the economy. It turns out he was wrong. He claimed that failure to raise the debt ceiling would result in default. According to the 14th amendment he has an obligation to pay those debts first, then use anythign left over to pay for running the government.

I would throw my hands up and say to hell with it all, but but Representatives supported their promises and voted against this spending bill.

Quick Reply: national debt for dumbies