Interesting: Correction of How Bin Laden was Killed

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Interesting: Correction of How Bin Laden was Killed

The results of the political actions makes for interesting reading.

http://news.yahoo.com/correcting-fai...054233289.html

Old 11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Remember, the current administration was (and continues to) mine this event for all it's worth. "Polishing" it a bit just furthers their cause. Since nobody will ever really know what actually went on, who's to know who's lying?

On a related note, anybody ever think about the SEAL who actually shot OBL? That's a secret he'll take to his grave.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, obama really is trying to milk this for all it's worth:

“There was a choice that night,” Pfarrer told TheDC. “There was a choice to keep the mission secret.” America, Pfarrer explained, could have left things alone for “weeks or months … even though there was evidence left on the ground there … and use the intelligence and finish off al-Qaida.”

But Obama’s announcement, he said, “rendered moot all of the intelligence that was gathered from the nexus of al-Qaida. The computer drives, the hard drives, the videocasettes, the CDs, the thumb drives, everything. Before that could even be looked through, the political decision was made to take credit for the operation.”

What a scumbag...

Old 11-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie
Wow, obama really is trying to milk this for all it's worth:

“There was a choice that night,” Pfarrer told TheDC. “There was a choice to keep the mission secret.” America, Pfarrer explained, could have left things alone for “weeks or months … even though there was evidence left on the ground there … and use the intelligence and finish off al-Qaida.”

But Obama’s announcement, he said, “rendered moot all of the intelligence that was gathered from the nexus of al-Qaida. The computer drives, the hard drives, the videocasettes, the CDs, the thumb drives, everything. Before that could even be looked through, the political decision was made to take credit for the operation.”

What a scumbag...
I'd guess 30 minutes after he was dead every associate in the world knew about it and was scurrying for a rat hole. For good or bad, taking credit for the deed in the press didn't "ruin" any chance at using information gathered at the scene to nab anyone.

"rendered moot"??? I think not.

Leaving that chopper behind did more damage than staking claim to the kill.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"But Obama’s announcement, he said, “rendered moot all of the intelligence that was gathered from the nexus of al-Qaida. The computer drives, the hard drives, the videocasettes, the CDs, the thumb drives, everything. Before that could even be looked through, the political decision was made to take credit for the operation.”

I partially agree with this statement. I doubt it rendered "all" of the intelligence moot, but any time an operation is released for public consumption, it endangers those who are connected to the person(s) that turned on Bin Laden and/or whoever was the target. And those roads lead to other people up and down the line whether they are enemy combatants turned informants, CIA, or US military. Not to mention it can frighten away possible future informants.

This wouldn't be the first time American lives (CIA and/or military) have been put in danger due to politics.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank S
"But Obama’s announcement, he said, “rendered moot all of the intelligence that was gathered from the nexus of al-Qaida. The computer drives, the hard drives, the videocasettes, the CDs, the thumb drives, everything. Before that could even be looked through, the political decision was made to take credit for the operation.”

I partially agree with this statement. I doubt it rendered "all" of the intelligence moot, but any time an operation is released for public consumption, it endangers those who are connected to the person(s) that turned on Bin Laden and/or whoever was the target. And those roads lead to other people up and down the line whether they are enemy combatants turned informants, CIA, or US military. Not to mention it can frighten away possible future informants.

This wouldn't be the first time American lives (CIA and/or military) have been put in danger due to politics.
Agreed!

Quick Reply: Interesting: Correction of How Bin Laden was Killed