USA considering building a wall along the border

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USA considering building a wall along the border

With Canada

It's for keeping Terrorists and criminals out apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...criminals.html

Er, shome mishtake, shirley

Still, should keep nefarious types like Habibi out and in a break with tradition, I'm probably going to agree with Frank on this one

Old 10-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Has anyone besides me noticed the number of "tunnels" that have sprung up along the southern border? And, in some parts of the border, the "wall" is made of bars that are 4 inches apart. Drug runners have started shipping their goods in long, skinny packages now.

Even in Berlin, people found ways to circumvent the "wall". Can't we learn anything from history?

- Jack

Old 10-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess we should stop the pipeline from Alberta to Texas .... terrorist might get into the states

Old 10-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Isn't this just what we can expect from our government? Focus on the multitude of non-crossings, of an absent fence, in an attempt to go nowhere, by people who are not a threat.

If they leave these areas as wilderness they are much harder to cross. However as soon as they add "access" roads they have created a way to travel with ease.

They really do need to concentrate on the southern border and take what they learn there to help keep the northern border secure. But Janet Nutballatano won't do anything with the southern border. This is just more smoke and mirrors so they can say "see we are trying to fix the border but it's just too hard".

The Canadians want this because they know we will never secure our southern border, and they want something in place for when the U.S. falls apart. I think they are afraid that they might have to have 3 national languages, english,french, and spanish!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:33 PM
If I had my way I would institute a mile wide no mans land along each border , riddled with traps , mines , motion activated machine guns, trip mines , you name it. If anyone is determined enough to make it across , then they should be granted citizenship!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Vette454
If I had my way I would institute a mile wide no mans land along each border , riddled with traps , mines , motion activated machine guns, trip mines , you name it. If anyone is determined enough to make it across , then they should be granted citizenship!
Oh dear me! What would happen to Bambi?

Old 10-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by jgger
Oh dear me! What would happen to Bambi?
Bambi would have to read the warning signs!

Trending Topics

Old 10-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Vette454
Thinking East Germany wall at the height of the cold war with this post.

If you bumped it up to ~ 3 miles ( full wall area was 5km wide in some spots ), add in some BT-11 and BT-9 towers and dog runs, you pretty much have the Berlin wall.

Given they were keeping them in, not out ( party line on the east side, it was to stop NATO from attacking )

Damn, should have taken it apart nicer, we could have bought it for scrap, and put it back together here...

It does have a great place to park all the troops the US has spread around the world. Try protecting a bit closer to home is my thought.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:38 PM
We should just let everybody in and give them citizenship and food and college for free. We got plenty of money

Quick Reply: USA considering building a wall along the border