The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

vehicular abuse.. should be a felony..

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vehicular abuse.. should be a felony..

anyone else abuse their supercrew FX4 like i did? if not... DONT! ever.. my truck has been out of commission for a week now. NO MORE MUD for me! nope. no way. gonna buy me a old junker for a mud toy. heres a vid from last weekend. those are my 38's that are getting swallowed whole..

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=38699244

Old 07-18-2008, 03:44 AM
wow man what kinda tires you have? and what broke on your truck?

Old 07-18-2008, 07:35 AM
mickey thompson baja claws. something went out with the cooling system. overheating problems

Old 07-18-2008, 02:25 PM
I beat my truck up, but I do it knowing I've got to pay to play. I built this truck the way it is for two reasons, to have fun and to look good while doing it.

That's also why I chose not to get a newer truck (that and no payments is very nice)

Old 07-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Im surprised you couldn't make it through that...

Old 07-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by 98infinity
Im surprised you couldn't make it through that...
Thats what i was thinking!

Im kinda wondering if he regeared for those 38's. If not then i can see why the truck bogged down!

Then agian the Claws arent known for thier mud performance.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Something went out on the cooling system ? Like blew a hose ? And thats enough to keep you out of the mud ????

Also helps being able to do your own work. Sorry to hear about all this bud, but I hope it isn't enough to sway you against off-road. Everytime I go out, I break something. but I come home, and I fix it. Keeps ya busy and outta trouble ! lol

Also, having years of wheeling under my belt helps. So, the more you do, the better you become. Even with ten years under the belt, breaking stuff is just part of the game.

Last edited by MercedesTech; 07-18-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:23 PM
speaking of breaking stuff i think my cv's or U-joints are going bad!

When sitting at a complete stop, then slowly accelerating i can hear what sounds like a THUMP.

It only happens once when im acceleration from a dead stop then its gone.

I was wondering if it could be the side lugs on the TSL's?

Any ideas.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:28 PM
When your on the street ? in 2wd ? Then I'd assume its not the CV's.

Yes, the Swampers will give you a good thump from the lugs slapping the street, should be able to feel it too. I know my Pro-Comps make it real rough when first starting out, creeping along. Feel almost like a rough running engine, buts its the lugs.

get under it and see if you can move the driveshaft. See if there is any play in the normal rotation, or side to side movement.

** I know the newer model have a mysterious "thump" on hard acceleration, especially under load (towing, or going up hill) and only from a dead stop. When you grease the slip yoke, it goes away for about a month or so. I'm thinking about looking into a custom shaft... but I dunno.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:33 PM
i dont know if anyone else saw this or if im just blind but the front wheels were not movig at all....ive got 37's and i know when im mudding my front end has a whole lot more power than my rear has and they spin more than the rear or thats just what it seems like.....i dont think he had the 4wd engaged he should have had no problem goin through that.....if he did have 4lo engaged than he has a problem with his truck...cuz that was nothing

Old 07-18-2008, 03:34 PM
ok well ill have to check that then!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by dirt_bound
i dont know if anyone else saw this or if im just blind but the front wheels were not movig at all....ive got 37's and i know when im mudding my front end has a whole lot more power than my rear has and they spin more than the rear or thats just what it seems like.....i dont think he had the 4wd engaged he should have had no problem goin through that.....if he did have 4lo engaged than he has a problem with his truck...cuz that was nothing
Its hard to judge a mud hole by a vid. Maybe his hitch was catching on the bottom, lost rear traction and couldn't get up. Maybe the front was dug out. etc, etc, etc. Just my opinion. I have seen guys wheeling something, looks easy as cake, then I get out there myself, and have the same problems.

Ya, the front didn't look like it spun though. Maybe the front right was ??

Whats up OP ???

Old 07-18-2008, 04:13 PM
come on OP get on man.

We need a story here.

and just so you know we arent bashing just wondering!

Old 07-18-2008, 05:33 PM
thats funny yeah get on here OP

Old 07-18-2008, 08:20 PM
honestly, i dont know why it didnt get thru that hole. i know my IFS drop down was dragging and wouldnt let my wheels touch bottom. obviously, someone had went thru there with much bigger tires than me.. that was a video of the 3rd attempt. pretty rutted out then. i tried it the first time in 2 wheel because it didnt look that serious. went thru the second and third time in 4 high. never used 4 low. dunno why, just didnt. once i dive into a deep hole and my Straights go underwater, i seem to lose ALOT of power. My other vehicle is a Wrangler TJ on 35's. It never had that problem. the little 4.0 inline 6 spun the **** out of those tires. dunno what the deal is. heres a pic of the jeep. will upload some video later. And no, i didnt just bust a little hose or something. plugged in to see what my check engine light was on for (which happen directly after that hole on the video) and it turns out the ECM has failed.. Another week or so in the shop. I dont have these problems with the jeep..

Quick Reply: vehicular abuse.. should be a felony..