2003 f150 gtx 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mac62
I would like a lower gear so to come off the line better. This truck in 2003 5.4L was sent off to L.A. West to have the conversion kit put on, With that conversion come 20 inch wheels and tires. Same as the Boss truck in 03. The boss has the supercharger, That's really the only difference.
Yes, I will be getting a custom tune and programmer. It is all factory at this point. Only a limited number of these trucks was sent off. I posted pix in the gallery of it.
Thanks,
Mac
If you think an 03 BOSS came with a supercharger you're going to be very disappointed. The BOSS, just like your GTX, was nothing more than interior and exterior cosmetic upgrades.

And as for gears, unless your truck is lifted on larger wheels and tired 4,10s are as deep of a gear as you want. in case you didn't know, the lower your gear ratio(higher the number) the more RPMs you'll run and it'll cause your mileage to drop some.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by f150freak
If you think an 03 BOSS came with a supercharger you're going to be very disappointed. The BOSS, just like your GTX, was nothing more than interior and exterior cosmetic upgrades.

And as for gears, unless your truck is lifted on larger wheels and tired 4,10s are as deep of a gear as you want. in case you didn't know, the lower your gear ratio(higher the number) the more RPMs you'll run and it'll cause your mileage to drop some.
Yeah I know, I later found that out with more research. Thanks for your input.