what other power adders are there that are worth the money

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 01:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what other power adders are there that are worth the money

hi guys, got an 07 f150 4.6 2v xl reg cab long bed, i have gave up with trying to find a supercharger, when i got this truck i was staying away form the 5.4 plug issue, as well as knowing procharger and other companies where selling superchargers for up to a 06 4.6 so i firgured an 07 and 06 where the same and brought it got it home opened to hood to find a different intake then what i thout, kinda happy at first as that year and newer made a little more hp, but slowly lost my happines only to find out everything after 06 isnt made, and i dont want a turbo, to much fab work. and sts is $$$

so over the years i had it i have done the following and so far impressed with it, i mean its on 10sec racecar but for what it is and the way i use it i like it. no one thinks is a work truck, its mainly a show truck for me. i had e3 plugs and accel coils long story short, coolant filled up cyl 5 during a stat change, e3 plug shorted put form the coolant causing accel coil to blew taking the pcm coil driver along with it, outcome= new computer and new stock ignition system and will stay that way.

e fans
superchips flashpaq (custom tuned with the kn filter tune)
k&n cai
ture dual exhaust no cats

so my last two items that i have found, its shorty headers and a set of u/d pulleys. those two of which i dont see a good power gain with either the headers are shorty dont see them adding much of nothing but a headache to put on, the the u/d not seeing a cost per hp being great.

i would like find a set of long tube that someone can tell me for sure if they fit a 2wd 4.6. thats another story, every set a see says fits 4.6/5.4 2-4wd, right!!! i know thats not true back in the 97-03 i think they would, then i have the same set saying they only fit 4.6 4wd these are pacesetter's btw, so i emailed them and they said for sure that these will not fit 2wd, due to clearance issues, the only difference i know of is the fact of the torson bars, but yet they also told me the will fit 5.4 2wd and 4wd. so if someone will answer that question and tell me whats so different about a 4.6 2wd, because thats the only thing that long tubes wont fit????

also if anyone knows of anything else i could get a little more hp out of like around 20 to 50 i firgure im running around 300-320bhp trying to hit the 350 mark, that may be off a little althru factory hp was at 248 to start.

anyone have any opitions about anything i have done or might be able to do??
i would like to hear some real honest opitions of the u/d pulleys also thanks

Quick Reply: what other power adders are there that are worth the money