Ford Powered Jeep questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Powered Jeep questions

Hi guys,

New to your site but not fords. Hoping I can get a little info here.

Im putting a 408W with a toploader in my 73 CJ5. I bought a Quicktime scattershield and it came with both the pivot ball on the passenger side (what all my 5.0l mustangs had using a cable to PULL the fork forward) and it also came with two small L shaped brackets with a rectangular hole in one and an aluminum spacer that looks like it might get sandwiched in between them. I've done lots of searching and I found a mention of some "tangs" that slide in there with the correct fork.

Question is which Ford clutch fork (year and application) gets PUSHED back via linkage or a slave and uses a pivot on the drivers side of the bell? I found one member on here that has a bunch of folders and photos of a 83? bronco and I could see some sort of tangs on the fork where they connected to the drivers side of the bell.

Id also like to know which years/models used either mechanical linkage or a hydraulic system. The 72-86 CJ5 uses a bell crank setup that Im hoping to use for awhile. Just trying to limit how much fab work Im doing in one shot.
Im guessing that the clutch fork for a hydraulic and mechanical system should be the same as they are both PUSHED back, correct?

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Steve83 is your guy. He does alot of Bronco stuff too, I think.

Quick Reply: Ford Powered Jeep questions