Power steering

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power steering

Hey, when i turn my wheel from stop to stop is makes that whine when i get to each stop, and when im going down the road, my truck gets a terribly loud whine whenever my wheel turns left, even the slightest movement to the left sets it off! its killing me, i think i have air in the lines, but i wanted another opinion. Any info would help! thanks! Also could u tell me how to bleed it of air?

Im pretty sure you just jack it up while idleing and move the wheel back in forth to get all the air out, and make sure the resevoir is full

Old 07-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nothing to really "bleed", and have never heard of doing that to this system. Just try changing the fluid. Siphon out as much as you can from the reservoir and add fresh new fluid. There's fluid in the lines and such but not really enough quantity to make a difference.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
remove the reservoir return line and put it in a drain pan. when with enough fluid handy start the truck and start to pour the clean fluid into the reservoir to flush the system out and the dirty fluid will pump out into the drain pan. you will need probably 1 gal to do a good enough job. while pouring in have another person turn the wheel back and forth to work the fluid in and out of the system. you will not belive how much crud you can get out and yes there is a lot more fluid in the system than what you will find in the reservoir what the previous poster stated. then to bleed the system turn the wheel all the way to one lock and shut te truck off. let it sit for 10 mins. the turn the wheel to the other lock, shut it off and let it sit again. this should remove any air left in the system.

Quick Reply: Power steering