Intermittent problems with my fuel injection misssing...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intermittent problems with my fuel injection misssing...

For the last 10k miles or so, I have had a very intermediate problem with a miss, usually when the truck is running hot. I could go a month or so with no problems what so ever and then all of the sudden I get off the freeway on the engine is missing a cylinder. You can hear it, and feel it, it's definitely a miss. Only 7 of the 8 are banging...big loss of power. Well I decided it change the fuel filter a bit early...10k miles on it. When I removed the filter, Fram by the way, it rattled like a baby rattle. I cut it open and the filter was broken off from the housing, so all the fuel that went through it WAS NOT FILTERED. So I believe that the majority of the fuel going to the engine was not filtered, causing random clogs of the fuel injectors... THIS IS A FYI, if you are experiencing similar problems, try changing the fuel filter. Since I changed the fuel filter, I have not experienced an issues at all!

Old 06-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats what you get for buying a Fram IMO. WIX all the way. Napa gold filters are wix.

Quick Reply: Intermittent problems with my fuel injection misssing...