Slip Yoke Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slip Yoke Replacement

My yoke is shot, way too much play. I want to replace the darn thing, but I cannot find a part number or aftermarket replacement part. My dealers parts duffer seemed to have no idea what a slip yoke was so I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 07:08 PM
just bring it to a driveshaft shop and have them replace it. they will have the equipment to install it square to weld it up and then re-balance the driveshaft when done. this is not something you will be able to do on your own. they will also be able to just use a universal type piece to replace it. no real part number lookup involved with something like this.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by papajohn
just bring it to a driveshaft shop and have them replace it. they will have the equipment to install it square to weld it up and then re-balance the driveshaft when done. this is not something you will be able to do on your own. they will also be able to just use a universal type piece to replace it. no real part number lookup involved with something like this.
wait, what?

what year is your truck? doesn't really make sense that the slip yoke is messed up. you sure it's not u-joints? also make sure there is no wear and tear on the tail shaft.

Quick Reply: Slip Yoke Replacement