need help removing my transfercase

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help removing my transfercase

I have a 2007 F150 with a 5.4L auto and a manual shift tcase. I am trying to get my old transfercase off to install my new one. I am having trouble getting to all the bolts on the transfercase. I have dropped the corssmember that hold the trans to give me some more room but its still not enough to reach on top and get the top bolts on the transfercase. Is there any special trick to accessing these bolts? is there a patch in the floor I can remove or do I have to jack up the cab? I just need more room to get my hand up there. Thankyou

Old 02-28-2010, 05:36 PM
transfer case problem

Originally Posted by NJWheeler
I have a 2007 F150 with a 5.4L auto and a manual shift tcase. I am trying to get my old transfercase off to install my new one. I am having trouble getting to all the bolts on the transfercase. I have dropped the corssmember that hold the trans to give me some more room but its still not enough to reach on top and get the top bolts on the transfercase. Is there any special trick to accessing these bolts? is there a patch in the floor I can remove or do I have to jack up the cab? I just need more room to get my hand up there. Thankyou
Have you tried to make a short wrench w a string on it if so not sure how to help other than trying to jack up on the front of the engine to lower it more make sure the top of the motor doesn't hit the fire wall as this could be quite costly or even ratchet and swivel extension the works

Old 02-28-2010, 06:37 PM
I ended up taking the boot for the 4wd shifter out and using a swivel and a 9" extension to get the top bolt on the case

Quick Reply: need help removing my transfercase