Anyone with IWE trouble, come in please

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with IWE trouble, come in please

OK well truck is a 04, 5.4 screw 4x4 obviously. I have just BLOWN out both IWE's. The springs inside of them rusted to **** and fell apart, no matter how much vaccum, the internals were frozen with rust causing the hated grinding sound. Now the problem is is that last year i had to replace both IWE's because they were blown out and the springs were rusted/broken. I got the truck 2 years ago and owner stated no problems. Last year i figured that because of the older design in the solenoid on the fire wall that water had gotten into the system and rusted the IWE's from the inside. I vaccumed out the lines last year, installed the new updated solenoid with rain cover, even made my own cover and put in 2 new IWE's. Vaccum at the iwe was and always has been around 21mm, so i don't have a leak.

I just don't know where water is getting into the system to ruin the brand new iwe's that are only 1 year old??????

anyone have and thoughts on this??
Heres a pic of my 1 year old IWE from the drivers side and all he rust and spring pieces that came out of it

thank you
mike

Last edited by mikez; 11-08-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Anyone??? I don't want to put the new ones on today without figureing out where the water is coming from.
thanks

Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I heard it has to do just with where they are mounted .. if we are talking about the same things against the firewall .. I made a cover for mine from an old plastic project box that I cut out I will get some pics

Old 11-09-2009, 10:30 PM
get you some wd-40 and/or lithium grease. cover those mothers up with that stuff.

Quick Reply: Anyone with IWE trouble, come in please