belt replacement question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
belt replacement question

I am trying to replace the original belt (25K miles late ) with a Gatorback belt and I have two questions:

First, the Gatorback seems about 1/8" to 3/16" wider than the original...is this going to present a problem?

also, the tensioner doesn't seem to want to move. I've been known to "force" things as my wife puts it, so I don't want to put too much a$$ into moving the thing. I have replaced the belt on my wife's Rodeo before and it was certainly not this hard. Is there some trick to getting the tensioner to friggin move or am I just being a vagine?

Thanks for any help!!

Danny K

as a note, I did a search for "serpentine belt" and anything with the word "belt " in it and found no one with similar problems...

Old 01-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kinda figured out the answers to my own questions, so I figure I'll post them just in case someone comes along the same problems...

first, yes the wider belt is going to be a problem, it won't properly ride in the trackes for the drive pulley, the alternator...etc. Going to Auto Zone tonight to exchange it.

Secondly, I shot some PB Blaster on the tensioner pulley B4 making the original post and just went down there and checked it...as suspected I was in fact being a Vagine. A little lube and some extra force was all I needed...I should convince my wife of the same...

hope this helps someone else out.

-Dan

Quick Reply: belt replacement question