Ball joint....bearings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ball joint....bearings?

Hey guys...I recently made a few long hauls in my 200 f150 v6...now..it isnt pulling much if any at all...but my left front tire is balding on the outside pretty bad..and here lately its driving kinda rough feeling it to the left side...ball joints? bearings? what do you guys think? Thanks

Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the forum ironhead bobber!
Possibly you could have several things going there. i would get the truck up on stands and check for play/ wear in tie rod ends and ball joints. also, a front end alignment might be the trouble. hit any big potholes or went stump jumpin? that could jar things loose up in the front.
anyway, welcome and hope this helps.

so ya got an ironhead? what year? i used to have an 83 ironhead myself..but sold it for financial reasons

Old 11-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Sounds like the lower ball joint thats what my truck was doing. I just recently replaced mine. Unfortunetly u have to replace the control arm. Hopefully u can find a used one at a salvage yard cuz the lower control arm for my truck (98 v8 4wd) was $350 at a dealership but i got mine at a local salvage yard with a 90 day warranty for $35 in stock but i'd look it over before u do anything

Old 11-09-2007, 03:00 PM
if its a 2wd you wont have to replace the lower control arm, just the lower ball joint. but if you are replacing the upper ball joint you will have to replace the upper control arm

Old 11-11-2007, 09:20 AM
The Lower Ball joints are pressed in on the 4x4s as well, no need to replace the control arm.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/36...ght=ball+joint

Quick Reply: Ball joint....bearings?