New Truck Woes III

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Truck Woes III

This is (hopefully) the last chapter in my epic battle with the local Ford dealership. The rest can be read here...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=296090

Last Saturday, I went back to the dealership because my tire pressure light had been on ever since they replaced the front passenger tire the week before. Since I had to raise my voice and use bad language to get them to even LOOK at it before, I went in ready for a fight.

I walked in and spoke to a woman this time. I explained the problem and told her this was the only day I could bring it in. She gave me a nice big smile and said there were some people waiting, but she would have me in and out as quickly as possible.

HUH?

I called for a ride home and I wasn't there more than 15 minutes before she called and said the truck was ready. I could pick it up anytime before 4pm. I went back and everything was fine. The dash light was out and it's been 4 days now with no new problems.

I'm going to just assume that either Ford or my dealership is conducting some kind of mental stress test on me. One week I have to throw my keys on the service writer's desk and yell at him to get ANY kind of service, then the next week I get smiles and prompt repairs. It was like some crazy game of good cop/bad cop. I'm pretty sure the Viet Cong did stuff like this to POV's to determine their cracking point.

I'm just glad my truck is finally fixed. Now instead of making a weekly trip to the dealer I can focus on getting some upgrades done.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing like quality coustomer service, I remember when they needed to keep my truck a extra day to replace 2 extra pieces of bad wondow trim ,then when I went to pick it up they had a long story why they dident replace the trim ,that was after I was driving a rental for a week.
I avoid the dealer at almost all cost...

Quick Reply: New Truck Woes III