Grease zircs in u-joint

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grease zircs in u-joint

Is it possible to have a grease zirc or u-joint installed wrong? I went to grease the rear u-joint on the rear driveshaft on my 2002 F150 Supercrew 4x4 but there is no possible way to get the grease gun on the zirc from any angle. I turned the driveshaft every different way but no luck. The zirc looks the same as I have had on all my other trucks but is located too far towards the front of the driveshaft to get the tip of the grease gun to stay on. Is there something different that I don't know about? Right now I am going to have to buy new u-joints if I can't find a way to grease them.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:10 AM
When I worked in a lube shop we had an attachment for the grease gun just for situations such as this. it's basically like a needle that you can push right into the zerk fitting. instead of connecting around it, you just push the fine tip into the hole where the grease is inserted. I'm not sure where you can get these attachments but I'd try your local auto parts store first. Hope this helps.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Try lifting the chassis of the truck by the reciever hitch or the rear bumper. Every inch or so check to see if the driveline angle has changed enough to allow the zerk to be accesed.

Quick Reply: Grease zircs in u-joint