Weird Rubbing sound.. 5mph - 15mph?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird Rubbing sound.. 5mph - 15mph?

Hey guys...

When Im taking off at a stop light/sign.. when I hit about 5mph, I can feel a rubbing in the steering wheel and gas pedal... then once I hit about 20mph it goes away.. it also comes back when slowing down at 20mph and goes away just before I stop. It's especially noticeable when turning, but happens when I go straight also. Any idea what it could be??

1999 F150 XLT Supercab 5.4L 4x4 157K

Old 06-02-2007, 11:59 PM
I should add that I can definately feel it in the pedal, and in the floor under the pedal (where my left foot goes)...

It goes away once i hit about 20, and if im going slow, it's intermittent. Also when Im turning it's a bit more noticable, but not much, which makes me cross of tire rubbing off of the list (especially since it's never really happened before.)

Could it be brakes? Because I can definately hear them squeaking, though its not the "Replace me now plz" squeak... its the "replace me in about 5K miles" squeak.

My other thought was that it could be the differential, because it's been leaking for some time now, but it seems that this problem came out of the blue. Could a rear differential cause front end noise? I guess anything is possible.. oh well.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Old 06-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Sorry man, I don't even have a guess for this one...
Fix your brakes and rear end and see if that fixes it.

Quick Reply: Weird Rubbing sound.. 5mph - 15mph?