Quicker Acceleration for My 4.6l

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quicker Acceleration for My 4.6l

Hi guys, I'm a new member and i was wondering how to get better takeoff with my 2000 F150 lariat 4.6l auto. Currently i have 33' mud terrains with 3.55LSD, I was planning to change the gears in my diff to either 4.10 or 4.56, I do not do much Highway driving and would love to be able to spin those 33's if possible.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:27 AM
" Mostly stock" is your problem.
Open your exhaust and intake and a programer will help.
As far as spinning those 33's with a 4.6? Na ah ain't gonna happen.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by TexfordD
" Mostly stock" is your problem.
Open your exhaust and intake and a programer will help.
As far as spinning those 33's with a 4.6? Na ah ain't gonna happen.
I don't know if there is a major difference between the older body style and the new as far as engine goes, but I have the 4.6 and 3.55 gears as well. I installed the Flowmaster 50 Series SIDO, modified the intake, and added the EDGE. I can spin my 33 BFG Muds on a straightaway from a standstill so don't believe the guy above. With some slight mods, you will be able to do it. Gears would drastically help as well. Put 4.10s in there and you won't have any problems spinning those tires.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:17 AM
spinning 33's is no problem, my friend has a 99 f150 with 4.6. It has 12" lift, 37's, exhaust and intake and it will spin them. He might have taller gears but not sure??? He does have to brake it really hard to spin them thoug

Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Super FX4
spinning 33's is no problem, my friend has a 99 f150 with 4.6. It has 12" lift, 37's, exhaust and intake and it will spin them. He might have taller gears but not sure??? He does have to brake it really hard to spin them thoug
If your friend is running 37s he CLEARLY is not running 3.55 gears and I'm pretty sure the guy is not talking about doing a brake stand (what your indicating by the "brake it really hard to spin them). He is talking about just being able to punch it and spin them that way, I believe. Brake stands destroy your brakes if you do not use Line Lock or another mechanism that is designed to allow a vehicle to do such a thing. Your friend is basically roasting his rear pads and rotors when he is doing this unless he is equipped with Line Lock.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quit ***** footing and get a pro charger
problem solved.

you can try the following as well:
hypertech or diablo sport, dont know much about edge but sounds like a good product. I try not to be opinionated when it comes to parts. Bottom line, you put good parts on a good motor and it will run good.

air intake
exhaust

and why in the hell do you want to burn rubber so bad?
if you want a hot rod, BUY A HOT ROD.
You are going to end up jacking your tranny and motor in the long rung. One of the weakest links in the MODULAR 4.6L are the timing chain guides.

if you want to burn rubber, you'll need to sink $1000 to be truly happy.
Leave your rear end alone. Ford designed it well enough. You are asking for trouble.
Expect the dreaded check engine light after you do all that stuff too.
Just talking from personal experience here.
But I do love to burn the fossile fuel!
And rubber too.
Practice your donuts too. I can burn the tires off spinning donuts

Old 04-07-2007, 02:12 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your information, I appreciate all of your replies. NHSP-06 is correct. I do not want to actually do a brake burn-out. I was basically hoping that I could simply floor it and have the torque to spin the 33 inch tires even for just a few feet. At the moment I can spin them on certain roads, but it is basically just a slight squeal. Most of my previous cars were drag/street and strip vehicles, (guess thats why I still have the bug for spinning the wheels)

I live in Australia, but I am currently based in the Philippines on assignment and I need a tough 4WD. I am hoping that I can have the ability to go 4 wheel driving and at the same time, have fun spinning the wheels and feeling some good acceleration every now and then. I forgot to mention that I never drive over 60 MPH so I am hoping that the 4.56 may still prove reasonable on gasoline. I recently put a Magnaflow catback exhaust to help the engine breathe.

Is there any other members out there that have a 4.6 Triton V8 with 4R70W Automatic tranmission and running either a 4.10 or 4.56 diff ratio with 33 inch Mud Terrains? Would love to hear about your experience (take off power) with this kind of set up. Love these F150 trucks and I am very impressed with this "FORUM" as it is very informative and helpful. Cheers to all...

Old 04-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4:10's would wake it up quick. dont go lower than that.

Quick Reply: Quicker Acceleration for My 4.6l